[ 06 ]

"Gather around!" Your homeroom teacher, Mr Kan Kyo-ga, instructed the students as they flocked towards him. You were careful not to trip or step on anything as you approached the crowd of students. After all, it was relatively dark, and you were at the entrance of a forest. Who the hell decided to make the Test of Courage an official activity again? You questioned for the umpteenth time. Yup, you heard it right. It was time for the absolutely favourite of students - the Test of Courage. And this applied the most to the fantasizing boys who wanted to be partnered up with a girl.

You lined up in front of Mr Kan, waiting to draw your 'lucky' number. Apparently, the boys were to be paired with the girls, and the pairings were not to be limited by classes. Another oh-so-brilliant idea by the Principal. A few metres away, Kija was silently cheering and thanking the Principal.

"Next." On Mr Kan's call, you stepped forward, inserting your hand into the slit of the box. You dug deeper before you pulled out a folded piece of white paper. Unfolding it as you walked towards Yona and Yoon, you saw a very untidy '3' written on it. Looks like you were going to be the third couple who went in.

"What number did you get?" Yoon asked the moment you re-joined them. You turned the paper to face them as you replied with a short "Three".

"Aw, that's a waste. I heard Hak's one." Yona teased, putting on a disappointed expression. "I even got my camera ready for nothing!"

"Who said I was one?" Hak suddenly appeared behind you, smirking slightly. Turns out he got number three too.

You could swear you heard a "Give me back my number thunder beast!" from Kija's direction, but you brushed it off. You watched as the first team got ready. You chuckled slightly as you watched Kija clinging for dear life to his short-haired partner, and glance worriedly from side to side as they entered the cluster of trees.

Soon, it was your turn to stand in front of the entrance, with Hak beside you. You could hear the snapping of Yona's camera behind you, as you tried to deal with your mixed emotions. Were you usually afraid of the supernatural? Or was it just because you did not know what might pop up? In the end, you were not able to solve the mystery of why your stomach was tied in a knot.

The moment you stepped into the forest, out of sight from the other students, you felt a large hand enclosing its fingers over your hand. Feeling a little more reassured, you did the same, closing your fingers around Hak's hand, causing a tinge of pink to dash across his cheeks for a second. Maybe it won't be that bad with him around.

"Kaichou, your hands are sweaty. Are you actually scared?" A taunting voice whispered beside your ear, causing an irk mark to appear on your forehead.

I take back my words.

会長が好きだ [ Hak X Reader ]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें