Ben x [Indebted Reader]

"Please, stop!" I cowered with my arms raised and crossed, shielding my face as rocks were thrown at me. Pain wrecked through my arms and the crown of my head, and I could've sworn that I felt something warm trickle down my left arm.

"Freak!"

Another rock hit me, making me whimper and tense up more.

Why were they doing this?

Did I deserve this?

As more and more rocks hit me, I made a mental vow to never use the force again.

"Hey! Stop that!"

Footsteps approached rapidly from my left, and I could hear the two bullies curse and run off. However, I was too afraid to raise my head. Instead, I just stayed there and trembled as I tried calming myself down.

"Are you alright?" The voice belonged to a boy, and it sounded rather worried. I wasn't used to other kids being nice to me, so I was a bit cautious. I raised my head hesitantly, though I could barely see my saviour due to my blurry vision. My hands balled into fists and I quickly rubbed the tears away, then looked at him once again.

I recognized him right away; slightly long, wavy dark brown hair and matching colored eyes. I knew he was a few years older than me -- he was Ben Solo, the well-known son of Leia Organa and Han Solo, and nephew of Jedi Master Luke Skywalker.

"B-Ben..." My voice croaked, still tense and sore from my crying. Just as I was about to stand up, Ben crouched down in front of me and gently grabbed my arm.

"Wha-" I was confused at first, but then I noticed the crimson and the wound beneath it. My throat tightened anxiously and I gazed down at the forest floor. I winced as he began wiping away the blood with the sleeve of his shirt, but I didn't try to stop him.

"Why did they attack you?" He asked, briefly meeting my teary gaze. I gave a small shrug of the shoulders, not wanting to admit it. I was afraid that he would shun me. He caught my evasion, though.

"Don't assume that I'm like those jerks." He growled lightly. "I won't hurt you, I promise."

"I don't know how, but... I used the force. They were making fun of me, and I choked one of them." My eyes teared up once again. "I-I didn't mean to, I swear! I just-"

"Don't worry." He was quiet for a moment, then he chuckled darkly. "He deserved it anyways."

I was startled by his sudden change in mood, but I passed it off as nothing when he smiled at me. We both stood, and he began to lead me out of the woods.

Ever since that day, Ben and I had become close friends. He cared for me unlike most other people, and he was the only family I had. I felt indebted to him...

So much so, that I was by his side until the very end -- when his saber stabbed me through the chest and my body joined the others, lying amongst the corpses of Padawans he had slaughtered before me.