Sorrow & Regret

This is for Crash7xd :) I hope it ain't horrible!

~~~~~

"I've never known you to be a coward, Fallon." Kylo stalked through the slightly dense forest, his boots stepping through the few inches of snow with relative ease. "Show yourself!"

The said girl held her breath, staying perfectly still behind her cover -- a tree. Not the best form of cover, but she was merely using her surroundings to her advantage. The man following her, Kylo Ren, was taking an aggressive approach. Initially, he had come to retrieve Fallon -- they were childhood friends, and he wanted her to stay by his side, where he could protect her and keep her to himself. However, she knew of his newfound cruel and merciless side. She knew of his treachery -- slaughtering innocent people, the Padawans he once trained beside.

And yet, despite that, Kylo still assumed that she would join him without difficulty.

"You don't understand, Fallon. How much I've improved, how strong I've become!" Kylo ignited his lightsaber, brandishing the crimson blade with ease. "Why won't you join me?!" He suddenly lashed out at a nearby tree, striking it harshly with his Sith weapon.

Fallon took a deep breath; she realized that she couldn't hide forever. He would eventually find her, and it wouldn't turn out well.

With her fingers curled around the hilt of her saber, she stepped out from behind her cover and set her gaze on the frustrated man.

"Here I am, Ben." She stood strong, ready for anything he had planned.

"Don't call me that!" He swiftly turned towards her, narrowing his eyes. "Ben is DEAD!"

"No, you're wrong." Fallon shook her head softly, staying calm. "You're just scared-"

"Me? Scared?" He threw his head back and laughed darkly; the noise sent chills down her spine. "You should be the one who's scared, Fallon." He took a step towards her, but she stood her ground. Instead of falling victim to his intimidating presence, she simply viewed him as the boy she grew up with. She wouldn't allow him to break her, as he had done to many others before.

"I may be your friend, but I refuse to help you succumb to this darkness!"

"Why must you be so stubborn, Fallon..?" His voice quieted, emotion taking its toll on him. If she did not join him on her own, he would have no other choice than to force her. He didn't much like the thought of harming her intentionally, but he figured that he could atone for the sin later on.

Giving her little reaction time, he lunged forward his his saber gripped firmly within both hands. He swung at her left arm -- only to hear the sizzling hum of two saber blades clashing.

"Don't make me hurt you!"

Kylo pushed hard against her, forcing the heels of her boots to slide back in the snow. He drew back for a split moment, then went in for another strike. The tip of his saber barely touched her shoulder, but it still sliced through her clothes and injured her. The injury was minor; she paid no attention to it as their brightly-colored weapons clashed again and again.

"Listen to me, Ben! We don't have to do this!"

She caught him off guard, bringing her foot up to swiftly kick him backwards. He recovered easily, his temper rising as she called him the name he hated yet again.

"STOP CALLING ME BEN!" His lightsaber came down on her unexpectedly; she barely blocked it in time. The force of the blow made her stumble, and every blow and new injury after that made her lose her balance and stamina even more. As she managed to dodge an attack, he counterattacked hastily and struck her through the chest. Just as quickly, he deactivated his saber and allowed it to drop into the snow below them. Her weapon soon joined his, no longer emitting its normal blue glow.

Their gazes met as she felt herself collapsing, but he caught her in his arms rather than allowing her to fall into the snow.

"No!" Kylo fell to his knees, holding her close and trying to help her. "No, this isnt-- I didn't mean to!"

"Ben... It's alright." Fallon let out a soft sigh, which was followed by a genuine smile. She reached up and cupped his face with her hand, using her thumb to rub his cheek tenderly.

"Fallon, no-- please, don't leave me." He shook his head, causing some of his dark curls to fall into his face. "You can't! I won't let you-"

With what little strength she had left, she pulled his head down and pressed her lips again his. During the kiss, he felt her body go limp in his arms.

Silence.

He laid her body down on the snowy floor, then swiftly grabbed his saber and stood. His trembling hands gripped his saber hilt and pressed the button, igniting the crimson blades. His gaze landed on her briefly, before he suddenly cried out in a fit of rage and sorrow. He blindly swung his saber, striking everything around him. Hit after hit, he brutally attacked the surrounding trees all while tears streamed down his flustered cheeks.

"NO!" He turned on his heel and struck a tree once, twice, three times. "ARRGHHH!"

Nearly ten minutes had passed when he finally calmed down; he tossed his light saber aside before falling to his knees beside the corpse of his closest friend. He reached forward and brushed stray strands of hair out of her face, then allowed his thumb to stroke her cheek softly. His breath hitched, and he forced himself to hold back the sob that nearly forced its way out.

A single tear rolled down his cheek as he whispered,

"What have I done...?"