Chapter 16 (An Eye Opener)

"You're the girl I like; and if the girl I like is gonna be happier with someone else, then I'll just have to accept it."

Manolo felt around in his back pockets; his face filled with worry.

"What are you looking for?" Diego narrowed his eyes.

Manolo scratched the back of his neck; opening his bag with his other hand, "I think I lost my cell phone."

"What?!" Marlo jumped in, "You lost your phone? Do you know where it is?"

"If I said I lost my phone, I clearly have no idea dumb nut." Manolo sassed back.

Marlo raised his hands up in defense; "Well sorry." he pouted, "Someone's in a bad mood."

Diego tugged on his arm, "You fcking took a picture of Daniel & Kathryn; please tell me you deleted that sht."

"Well," Manolo bit his lip in nervousness, "I never thought I'd lose my phone okay!"

"Daniel's gonna kill you." Diego warned him.

"Why is Daniel gonna kill Manolo?" Kit walked in on his phone; texting the night away.

Manolo sighed, he was gonna find out eventually; "I lost my cell phone and literally have no idea where it could be right now."

Kit looked up from his phone; his eyes piercing straight into Manolo, "You, lost, your, phone?"

Manolo nodded his head; covering his head, "Don't hurt me."

Kit shook his head, "I told you not to take a picture of Daniel & Kathryn in the first place! Now that's probably gonna get leaked by tomorrow morning."

"Come on guys, let's be more positive." Diego pitched in, "What if the person who finds his phone is a good person and chooses to return it without looking through it?"

The rest of the Star Magic batch members gave him stares as if he was crazy.

"Diego, you found a wallet the other day and took the money out then set the wallet back on the street." Ronnie reminded him.

Diego turned a dark red; shrugging his shoulders, "Free money."

Nikko rolled his eyes, "You're a celebrity and still begging for money; weird how things work eh?"

Diego glared at him; "Whatever."

Manolo scratched his head, "I need to call my phone company and get them to shut down my phone before someone goes through it."

---

The next days went far more smoother than any other day; especially compared to how crazy things have been the past weeks.

"I'm really happy people are back on track today; it makes mine & Kathryn's jobs so much easier." Derek Cathy commented.

Khalil & Julia both flashed wide smiles at the two, Liza crossed her arms as usual, and Daniel gave Kathryn a quick playful wink.

Kathryn moved a piece of hair behind one ear; biting her lip, trying so hard not to blush.

I hope he knows that he kills me more inside whenever he does those things.

People have begun to realize how close Daniel & Kathryn were becoming; but most of them weren't surprised by it as well.

He took care of her on the set, and off the set; most especially when Alex wasn't around.

Kathryn appreciated the little things he'd do; such as get her water bottles and opening the door when she was behind him.

The only person who didn't quite appreciate their closesness; was none other than Liza herself.