Chapter Six

"Melissa, what are you talking about? You told me at the mall that you cheated." Chris said.

"Like Lissa said, I didn't want you to find out I was pregnant again. We had already been fighting. If I told you I was pregnant, you would have left for sure, and I-I couldn't raise a child on my own."

"But you don't hide my own child from me! I don't care if you thought I would leave!"

"I was afraid! So I left her with my sister until I found Anthony later." Chris just sighed and laid back down. He was too weak to try and argue with Mom. I took the tray of his mostly eaten food and sat it on the table next to the bed.

"Are there anymore secrets that you're hiding?" I ask her. She just shook her head.

"What are you doing here anyway? Lissa told me that-"

"I don't care how much you hate our relationship, you just need to deal with it! He made the best decision of his life when he left you! And I'm getting tired of all the shit that keeps coming out your mouth!"

"Cali, calm down." Lissa said.

"I will not calm down! She's the most sorry excuse for a mother! She called her own daughter a whore just so she wouldn't feel like one!"

"Cali." Chris grabbed my hand.

"Mom, I think you should leave." Lissa says.

"I do not-"

"Leave. Now." Lissa pushed her out the door and turned her around so she could wheel herself to her room. "Go back to your room." She walked back in and shut the door to Chris's room.

"I can't believe this." I said. "She hid you just because she thought Chris was gonna leave her."

"I still can't believe that I'm Chris's child. Who knew, hey, Chris Brown is my dad! Haven't you ever said that to someone?"

"Uh, no, not really."

"Awe, you're no fun."

"Come on, we should let him rest."

"Cali." I looked down at Chris. "Please, don't leave me." His eyes filled with tears again, some spilling over and running down his cheeks.

"Chris-"

"Please. I'm begging you."

"You should stay, Cali." Lissa tells me.

"How will you get home?"

"I'll call one of the guys to pick me up."

"Well okay." She walked out the room and closed the door.

I laid down in the bed next to Chris and he laid in my arms. It felt nice to hold him.

"I'm sorry." He whispered. "I'm so sorry."

"Shhh, it's okay. Go to sleep."

"I love you, Cali."

"I know, I know. I love you too." I kissed his forehead. "I love you so much." He finally nodded off in my arms.

*3 Days Later*

"Where is he?"

"I don't know, he was just in the bed, I saw him."

"Chris?" Chris was missing out of his bed. "Lissa, are you sure you just saw him?"

"I promise you, he was right there."

"Looking for me?" Chris stepped out of the bathroom, fully dressed.

"Daddy!" I ran and jumped in his arms, wrapping my legs around his waist. "You're all better!"