Chapter Two

"Hey, Chris."  

"Uh, hey?" A little girl walked up and tugged on Robyn's dress.  

"Mama, I'm hungry." She said softly. I gotta admit, she was cute.  

"Okay, Baby. We'll go get something to eat when we leave out of here." Robyn told her. The little girl looked up at me and smiled.  

"Mama, look! It's the girl from the TV. I've seen you on TV. I wanna be pretty like you." She was so adorable! I bent down to her level.  

"You're already pretty." I said.  

"I am?"  

"Of course you are. You're the prettiest little girl I've ever seen." I tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear.  

"Yay, Mommy, I'm pretty!" She started giggling.  

"So what have you been up to?" Robyn says to Chris.  

"Nothing much, taking my girls out shopping." I backed up and took ahold of Chris's hand. Her being here made me a little uneasy. She is his ex-girlfriend. I've never even thought of losing Chris. What if one day he doesn't want me anymore? What if he sees someone else better than me? Do I just, let him go? The thought of losing him just kills me inside.  

"Baby, what's wrong? You okay?" Chris asks, snapping me out of my thoughts. Tears sting my eyes, but I just nod and look away.  

Chris's POV 

Something was bothering my baby, I just know it. She clung to my arm as Robyn continued to talk to me. Maybe it was her that was making Cali upset. I needed to stop this, now.  

"Well, Robyn, we must be going." I said. "Melissa is probably looking for us now, she came shopping with us."  

"Oh, okay then. You should call me sometime, I miss talking to you." Cali tightened her grip when she said that.  

"Uh, nah, I think I'll pass on that. Lets go." I turned away and headed out the store with Cali at my side and Calissa following behind us.  

"Cali, what about your stereo?" Lissa asks.  

"Forget about it." Cali said coldly. I stopped walking and looked at Calissa.  

"Can you give us a minute?" I say.  

"Yeah, I'll go find Mom." Lissa hurries off. I make Cali look at me.  

"What's wrong?" I ask her.  

"It's fine, really."  

"Cali, you know that I know when you're lying." She sighed and grabbed my hand.  

"It's just that, what if someone that's better than me comes along and you want them? What if I lose you? I've never thought of losing you before. And I just realized it when we saw Robyn." A single tear fell from her eye. I wiped it away and pulled her close to me.  

"California Brown, I will always be there for you when you need me. Nobody can ever replace you. If I ever leave you for someone else, then I'm a fool and I don't deserve you. I love you and I will never leave you."  

"But what if-" 

"But nothing. I will not leave you, do you hear me?" She nodded and hugged me.  

I've always feared her leaving me but here she is, fearing that I will leave her. The thought never even crossed my mind. I guess Robyn actually scared her a bit. She's scared that someone like Robyn will take me away from her. I can't even think of leaving Cali. She's my everything.