"Why not?It was ju--"

"Because I love you!I don't know how or when but Althea,I love you so much.I can't keep it anymore!"I was shocked.He took my hand.

"Can't you feel it?"he then put my palm on his chest.

"It only beats this fast when I'm with you."

"David,"

"It's okay,"he said looking down.What am I suppose to do?My heart knows I feel something for him but...what about Andre?He's been waiting for me.I sighed.He started the engine and we drove away from the beach.

The silence is deafening.I decided to speak.

"David,I don't know what to do."

David's POV

"David,I don't know what to do." What does she mean?Does he already own her heart?I sighed again.

"I get it,just forget I said anything."I told her.My voice almost cracking.

"I don't want any of you to be hurt...I told him to wait for me,"

"It's alright,I'm giving you to him."I swear,I could die right now.Why does it hurt so bad?I sniffed.We got to the dorm and I tried to look happy when I opened the door for her.

"You can just drop the project off later,I'll finish it tonight."I told her.I gave her all her things and went to my dorm.

You're too late David,cause you just had to be so slow and stupid!You'll get over her,just give it time.

Althea's POV

I immediately called my Mom and told her what happened.

(Honey,follow your heart.I know it's tough and you don't want any of them to be hurt but that's just how it has to be.)

"I'll try,Mom."

(Alright,now do what you gotta do.We miss you here!Bye.)

"I miss you guys too,bye."I hate to make these kinds of decisions...why do you have to be like this when he's around?I asked my heart.God,please help me.I closed my eyes and dialed Andre's number.

"Hey can we meet up?I have to tell you something."

(Sure,where?)

"Starbucks."

(Alright,I'll be there.Bye.)

David's POV

I heard her door open.

"Andre,I told you to meet me at Starbucks."

"I couldn't help it,I missed you."

I didn't hear anything else except walking.So I guess she's with Andre now.I leaned on my door and slowly fell down.

"I'll love you forever."I whispered.I got up and lied on my bed.How am I going to face her tomorrow?(Please play the song on the side.)I closed my eyes and tried to sleep to forget about everything just for awhile.

Althea's POV

"So,what's up?"

"I know you've been waiting and I'm sorry."

"It's fine,you don't have to apologize,I don't care how long I wait."

"I want you to stop,"

"What do you mean stop?Are you saying yes?"I sighed.

"I'm sorry Andre,I can't."

"You can't what?Tell me."he said reaching for my hands across the table.I let go of his hands.

"I'm sorry,I only treat you as a friend."I got my things and drove away.

I texted him.

I hope we can still be friends,I'm really sorry.

David's POV

I heard running so I got up to check what was going on.

Althea,she's crying.Did they break up?She turned around and ran to me.She hugged me and I just carressed her back to make her feel better.

"Shh,everything will be okay."

"I didn't want to hurt him,but I only treat him as a friend."

"Shh,"I hugged her tighter.

"Let's go inside,I'll make you something."We went in my dorm and I made her soup.

"Feeling better?"

"A bit."

"If you don't mind me asking,why didn't you give him a chance?Is there someone else?"She nodded and I felt my already shattered heart breaking into even smaller pieces.

"This guy,he makes me really happy."

"He's a lucky guy."

"I thought we would never become friends,but he made an effort for us to be friends,I just realized I like him.No,I'm in love with him.I didn't want to hurt Andre even more.I had to tell him,"

"Have you told this guy?"I know,I'm trying to hurt myself more.But I can't help it,I want to know the guy so I can tell him to take care of her,to never hurt her.

"No,I'm afraid..."

"Afraid of what?That he doesn't like you back?"

"No,"

"Althea,any guy would be lucky to have you as their girlfriend."I told her holding her hand.

"No,I'm afraid that he might hurt me,"

"Isn't that part of love?Althea,I'll be here to get him if he hurts you."she took a deep breath.

"You'll really hurt yourself?"

Thanks for reading!