Chapter 16

Shit

Shit

It was exactly how I felt right now as I rubbed the sleep off my face. Last night was amazing but it's time to face the music. I went down the stairs, straight to the dining area for Breakfast, mumbling Good Morning to the staff I passed by.

I was in Green Meadow at my mother's house. It wasn't as big as compared to the one we used to live in Alabang but it was still comfortable. I must say, it wasn't too shabby formal settlement after their estrangement

Eyes still fluttering close, I sat on my usual chair and began to stir my morning black coffee while my chin was resting on my hand. I still had that tiny smile educed on my lips when I contemplated what happened last night.

I was in a high spirits despite the fact I went back under the mattress at around 3 in the morning and only had a 3-hour sleep, 2 hours if you would not include the part where kinilig pa ako at nahirapang makatulog.

It was such a decent hours of sleep, enough that I could still walk for an OrSem the next day. I have no regrets and I make no qualm about it. There was this interesting activity called sleep I heard of and maybe I'll be trying it out after the OrSem.

"Good morning, my beautiful girl", My mother, ever a morning person, came from across the table to interrupt my morning mussing.

With a smile, she embraced me from behind, head bent down to kiss the top of my head, "Hija, why do you seem so tired?"

She lifted my chin to get a better look on my face as her brows furrowed, her eyes assessing me, "There are dark lines underneath your eyes. Dios mio!" She exclaimed, rummaged down her tiny leather make up bag and brought out something "Good thing I have Mac Concealer with me"

"I think it's just law school jitters, mom", I mumbled under my breath as I looked pointedly down at my coffee, trying to waved it off. I had a big problem whenever my mother's eyes scrutinized me in a way that makes me wonder if she could see right through me-- which is not good if she would ever find out where I was last night, or morning if you call it.

"Wow. You get that kind of shit?" I looked up and found Kuya Elliot, striding from the door, looking as polished as ever in an Armani, obviously ready for work. "You competed on a State-wide Debate battle in High school and now.. itong OrSem lang?", He scoffed before he sprawled himself on the chair across me. He knew me too much to see the kink on my lie, it had my palms sweating.

I cocked my head, resting my elbow on the table, "Ay? Kuya? Nandito ka pala no?"
But my Kuya just looked at me slyly and gave me that lopsided grin which made me fought the urge to roll my eyes at him.

Before I could utter a rebuttal with sass, my mother cut me off, "Children, let us not argue in front of the food and Elliot," She turned to my brother, "get off your Sister's back"