Chapter 12

Ignoring Maven was futile

That realization wasn't hard to come up. He was always everywhere I go. Case in point, right now at the Upscale Gym of Serendra.  Wearing an Adidas Navy Blue sports bra, tight black leggings and a yeezy, I walked through their door and got a "Good Morning" from the perky young receptionist on my way in.

Then, I noticed how it was unusually busy so I immediately made my way to the locker's room, dump my gym bag inside and pulled my hair back in a ponytail.

I did some 15-minute stretching before I came back to hit the machine. I was about to go to the treadmill when a very much familiar person moved and took the other treadmill next to mine.

When I looked up, I met Maven's deep coal eyes in the mirror. He was smiling, amuse even. He was on a red gym shorts and a white wife-beater which did nothing to hide his broad shoulders, tone biceps and his mouth-watering washboard abs

  "Hello, Neighbor", He said.

I looked around me and noticed there were other unoccupied treadmills to choose from but Maven still settled for the machine next to mine. I laid my folded gym towel on a chair and got on the machine.

"Technically, Maven, we're not neighbors. You're in 26th, while I stay down 5 floors under you"

He moved closer, close enough to slip an arm around my waist, "I like it when you're under me anyway"

My pulse began to quicken when images of us together on a bed suffice in my mind. A reluctant smile touched the tips of my lips, "Mav, not now. May mga tao dito"

"So I've been told", He laughed then squeezed my hand.

Trying to ignore Maven's advances, I pressed on the Treadmill's settings and began my cardio.

I watched as he shrugged and began his own routine. I pulled my Ipod with me and put my ear phones where Selena Gomez's 'Hands to myself' blasted to my ear.

But still my eyes cannot be helped but to linger on Maven's thick solid thighs as his feet, clad on Mesh Black and White Addidas, hit hard on the Treadmill when he jogged.

I swallowed hard, my gaze slowly made its way up, trying not to linger on they way his pectoral muscles rose as he leaned on the machine.

My intent stare moved up to his face, and I flushed-- surprised that I found him watching me watching him. I felt embarrassed to have been caught looking at him. I close them again quickly, but not before I see a smile has lit up on Maven's face.

His brow rose, teasing me when he caught me right then. He looked please as a punch. I looked down and kept on jogging or at least I tried to, before he pulled my earphone from my ear and said, "You're doing a terrible job ignoring me if you keep looking at me like that"