Chapter 15

1:36       Tuesday, November 6

1:36
Tuesday, November 6

Maven now

Missed Call (3)

slide to call

Maven now

I'm outside

slide to reply

Not sure if Maven was being serious or was just messing around, It caught me off guard. I wasn't sure how to respond. It rattled my being, not knowing what to do.

I sat up on my bed, threw my comforter and hop down to find my fluffy slippers. I was on my unusual bedroom clothes—-yoga pants with an old t-shirt. I pulled my hair hastily into a bun, not making an effort to spare myself in my vanity mirror.

My arms trembled when I pulled the bedroom door opened. I was welcomed by the dimness of the hall going to the stairs.

I tiptoed my way down, now feeling ridiculous. The last time I felt like sneaking out was when I was only a teen and now, at 22, it seems absurd--- A blasphemy even.

When I made it to the front gate, I slowly and so quietly opened it, trying not to make a sound but it squeaked and I froze. I paused to look back at my Mother's window on the second floor and heaved out a sigh I didn't even know I was holding in the first place.

Safe. The light was still off so it was enough to brave myself as I closed the gate.

I walked my way to the wide-cemented empty road of Green Meadows, expecting Maven might be at the front gate, waiting by the main entrance of the subdivision where the Security would most likely hold him.

I drew my arms around me, wishing I brought a cardigan to fight off the sudden cold wind. I walked some more, my flip flop squeaking behind me. I saw a shadow from a far and I pulled away the strands of my hair that had escaped the bun just to see well.

I thought I was being delirious but the second I blink, it threw me off the moment my eyes spotted him, in the far most end of the park. He hadn't noticed me yet so I walked few more steps just to get a better look of him.

Taking one deep calm breath, I tried to tame my being at the sight of Maven but it only went down the drain the moment I saw him up close. All senses flew by the wind when my eyes feasted at the sight of him. Leaning on his Lexus with a phone in his hand, He looked up and I was undone. Completely, beyond reasonable doubt, undone.

No matter how much I came prepared, Maven would appear in front of me and the sight of him was enough to rattle my whole world. If it wasn't enough, he looked at me, giving an eye from my yoga pants, ratty shirt and my fail attempt of a messy bun, a smirk forming on his lips was the ultimate atomic bomb. His face, his eyes, his everything in him.