"I understand," he nodded, looking down at the coffee table between us.

"At the same time, I don't want to think much about it. I want to just let things happen. And with Sam, you know?" I silently begged Harry to look up at me again. I felt jumpy all over, and I just wanted to see his eyes.

"I get it. Trust me. There's a massive load of shit that comes into play with this."

"Because you've never had a girlfriend while being famous," I concluded.

His eyes flickered up to mine as soon as the words left my mouth. It was just a wild guess that I shouldn't have said out loud.

It was quite possible and likely that he'd had a girlfriend but kept it a secret. The fans have always believed that all of the media explosions involving people like Kendall Jenner, Taylor Swift, and Nadine Leopold, were fake. But who knows what the reaction would be if he were to get involved with a regular girl.

"Right," he said just above a whisper. His gaze softened on mine.

Harry sniffed and scrunched up his nose. He shifted his position on the couch.

"I wouldn't want to just throw you in this life either, Nor. You're too...genuine."

I raised an eyebrow. A small smile curved onto my lips, hoping to ease the tension.

He laughed at my reaction. "That wasn't supposed to be taken as anything other than positive. I just...I honesty have no idea how the public would react to someone like you."

"Assuming we were dating," I added.

"Yeah, and even if we were just going out for some lunch, like we have in LA. If paps or fans had gotten any pictures, they would've found out who you were in five minutes."

I nodded. That was definitely the reality.

He suddenly let out a soft laugh along with a smile. "But I really like you, Norah. That hasn't changed."

I bit the inside of my cheek. "Then we've caught ourselves in a bit of a crossroad."

He tucked his chin up, his fingers playing with his lower lip. His eyes wandered around the room like he was lost in thought, so I didn't say anything. My thoughts began running wild, as well.

This was dangerous territory for sure. Relationships shouldn't be business deals, but in this day and age, they could be. Even if I had true feelings for Harry, which I very well may, I was sure it'd be made everyone else's damn business. Everyone would want something from me. They'd expect me to act a certain way, though my relationship with Harry had nothing to do with them. His management, I'm sure, would weasel their way in between us, as well.

"Norah."

My head snapped over to Harry. His face was flushed and I wondered what was wrong with him.

"What?" I asked.

He let out a breath, another heart stopping smile finding it's way to his face.

"Oh, thank god," he muttered.

"What?" I repeated.