001

voteee in 3 seconds for good luck 🌸 comment your hearts out in this chapter 💞 hope you like it!

Norah

"There's no way this is going to happen."

"If you're going to be such a pessimist, I'm going to have to ask you not so nicely to get the fuck out of this car because I am going to meet Harry Styles for the third time today."

Wow, Winter, you don't have to rub it in.

"Bitch," I mutter under my breath.

I can feel her glaring at me, but I just stare ahead.

You'd think we were sworn enemies in 9th grade or something, but really, we were best friends going into our junior year of college.

The reasoning behind my pessimism was the fact that Winter had already met Harry Styles twice. The first time, she'd gotten me a video from him giving me a brief "hello, love", "I like your name", and "hope to see you soon". The second time she met him, I fucking FaceTimed him.

Yes. Phone screen to phone screen. Face to face. Harry Styles to Norah Gates. Talking. We talked for a good five minutes, I think. He was the sweetest person in this damned world. I could tell that he'd been sitting on a couch and I could see his tattoos under his white shirt and just thinking about that day - only three months ago - gave me heart palpations.

Winter and I have been talking to an update account for a while now, and today, both of us were off of work, so we decided to do a little stalking - safely, may I say. We never gave out any information update accounts told us. And while we've never met one of the boys by chance, we knew that if we had, we'd wait a couple of hours before posting a picture on social media.

Winter and I were currently parked in the Yogurt Paradise parking lot. We haven't gotten out of the car. Neither of us could make up our minds whether we wanted to go in and see if he was inside or wait until he came out. If he was even here.

Lots of swear words were floating around in my head at the moment.

I turn off the engine of my Ford Focus and throw my arms up. "Okay, let's just go inside and act normal. Whether Harry is there or not..." I compromise.

Win gave a gleeful screech before opening the passenger door and stepping out.

My heart was beating faster than it ever had in my entire life. I'm sure my face was beet red, too. I had a feeling he was inside. A part of me just had a gut feeling.

I got out and locked my car, making sure I took my purse and wallet.

Do not act flustered. Act normal. Most importantly: breathe.

I met Winter on the other side of the car and we approached the shop together. When she opened the door, bells on the door handle made a jingling sound, announcing our entrance.

I looked up only one to see the short line with only two people in it, paying for their cups. Both were women who looked to be in their mid-fourties. Definitely not Harry.

I felt my heart plummet at the realization that he wasn't here.

"I'll pay for yours," I tell Winter, the fight completely leaving my voice.

"'Kay." Her tone matched mine.

I grabbed a cup and filled it with green tea and vanilla frozen yogurt. I wasn't in the chocolatey mood. I put some strawberries and coconut flakes on top. I was going to the gym after I dropped Winter back at her apartment, so I could go all out with my usual marshmallows and chocolate fudge.