049

Thank you thank you thank you for 700k+ reads!!!

Lots of f-bombs in this...
✨✨angry Norah things ✨✨

Norah

"I can't be friends with you, Harry. But I can be there for you. I think that's all I have to offer right now."

Without looking at him, I heard him swallow back his emotion. "I'll take it. And I'll offer you the same. Always."

Those were the last words shared between Harry and I for a few days. We'd walked back to the hotel together in the 6 AM solitude and remained at an impasse.

As I stood in the shower that morning, a weird wave of calm washed over me. Like this pit of turmoil that had been growing in my stomach began to unravel—not entirely, but enough to release some of its negative energy from my body.

I was confused at that.

Because I was under the impression that after running into Harry at the park, I should've been even more befuddled about our relationship.

But I wasn't.

We'd reached this middle ground of acceptance. I accepted that him and I couldn't be. That the concept of an us—of a Norah and Harry—wasn't plausible. It was only Norah, and it was only Harry. And he accepted the same. We would only offer ourselves to each other when the ground fell through. When the foundations of our reality—the reality that was keeping us apart—was shaken enough to the core that we only had each other to find solace in.

I could do that.

++

Attempting to fit in each other's worlds without pushing any boundaries was going...okay. It'd been a couple days since our talk and there really wasn't much progress or regress to report.

Kacey, her team, and I were sat in the green room discussing her desire to go on a world tour. They'd even opened up the question to me—confirming that if it was ever an option for her, if I'd be up for embarking on the nearly year long travel. I said hell yes.

I enjoyed traveling and the overall hustle of touring. My desire to see the world grew with every plane we boarded. I yearned to travel further than the U.S. and Europe. I wanted to immerse myself into other cultures, try different cuisines, and expand my knowledge in a way my 4-year bachelor's degree couldn't.

"Alright, I need to get up and move," Kacey said standing up from the couch. "Norah, let's play some ping-pong. And please go easy on me for goodness' sake."

Apparently I didn't know what what "go easy" meant.

"Stop with that stupid spin move!"

"It's called strategy."

"It's called cheating."

"I'm not cheating. You just don't have the talent." I could barely say that to Kacey with a straight face. Out of the two of us, which one of us had a couple albums out and was opening for one of the greatest artists of our generation?