Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2:

10 months later

Marina's Mom's POV:

She has been one for ten months. My family is a wreck and so is my heart. My eldest daughter, Kirstin, can't stand having he'd sister being gone. My husband and I breakdown whenever we see pictures of her or even the mention of her name.

She is gone. They told me that after two months it is most likely that she is dead. I pray each and every night that she would come home and be with me.

RING RING. RING RING. The phone rang, waking me from my depressing thoughts. I walked to the kitchen and answered the phone.

"Hello?" I answered.

"May I speak to a Mrs. Klarl. This is agent Delaney speaking."

"Agent Delaney, I have told you all of the information I know. It has been four months since you people have called me! I just want you to leave me alone." How dare they call me. The CIA has been on this case and now they call after months of me grieving the loss of my daughter.

"M'am, we have found your daughter, alive, and we are bringing her home."

"What!?" With that I dropped the phone and plopped onto one of the kitchen chairs, making a screeching sound on the floor.

Hearing all of the commotion, my husband ran into the room.

"What's the matter honey?" He cupped my cheeks with his hands and pulled my face up to look me in the eyes. Upon noticing the tears streaming down my face he pulled me into his arms.

With my face buried in his chest I told him what was right and not wrong.

"They found our baby and are bringing her home."

Marina's POV:

We were flying over the ocean, a beautiful blanket of blue. Sitting on the private jet, I looked at all of the agents which were either working on their computers, talking to one another, or just sleeping. I am finally going home. They had found me and saved me from a life of misery.

I can't say what they have done to me, at least not yet. My captors showed me their wrath and the memories were too much for me. However, I don't need to worry about that now. I just need to focus on my family, what to say to them when I first see them. Should I scream and cry? Maybe just a 'hello' will work or a 'hi family'. I have now clue yet but when the time comes I'll probably know what to do. I have three more hours until I see them: Mom, Dad, and Kirstin.

I hope they don't focus on the physical changes I have been through. I'm skinnier now from the depression I had fallen into. I tried to starve myself to death but thy noticed and made me eat. He said he loved me and I needed to take care of myself. But if he really loved me he wouldn't have... Stop thinking about him. They are the people that made your life hell Marina.

Feeling tired I let out a quiet yawn and settled into my seat. Oh it's nice and warm. I think I'll just rest my eyes.

I woke up on a large bed with blacj satin sheets. Where am I? I sat up and swun me legs over the edge of the bed only to feel a sharp pain shoot up my thigh. Looking down I saw it was wrapped in a bandage. Hmm What happened to me? The last thing I remember was the concert. Getting up, I hobbled towards the door to the left to the bed.

I opened it and realized it led to a long hallway with a staircase on the end of it. I limped down the hallway and hobbled down the stairs moving to where I heard the deep voice if a man rumbling. Stopping outside of a door I slowly opened it hoping the man inside wouldn't notice. However, with my luck the door creaked. The man stopped talking and the door swing open.

A man in his mid fifties was standing there. He was handsome for his age with salt and pepper colored hair and a fit body. He showed off his straight white teeth with the scary grin he had on.

"Oh Marina. You are awake! Please come join us." he moved to the side and allowed me to enter te room.

The room was bare except for a metal table with two chairs on one side and two chairs on the other.

The farthest two chairs were occupied by two men. They looked oddly familiar for some reason....Oh my gosh. They kidnapped me. My memory started coming back. The two men who kidnapped me were tied down to their chairs. They looked as of they had been beaten for 2 days straight. They were black and blue and bleeding everywhere. This was a torture room.

"You came just in time! My name is Monsieur Inez. You see, I sent these two hooligans to get you. I gave them specific orders to not harm you but as you see, they hurt you. So, I am now hurting them. But no worries, I will put them out of their misery soon."

Two other men came into the room with bags that contained weapons of terror. I say there and watched the man beat my captors and torture them. He cut off ears and fingers then he cut off the shorter one's tongue for screaming so much. Fear had kept me paralyzed the whole time. The other two men that brought in the tools were standing behind me and looked uncomfortable. They kept shuffling from side to side.

"Monsieur Inez! Please just put them out of their misery." I had seen enough and did not think my stomach could handle anymore.

He turned and gave me a surprised look.

"I like you already Marina. You know when it is time to stop and you are not afraid to speak. You will do very well for my son."

He picked up a gun and shot both of them in the head.

"Clean this up." With a flick of his wrist, the two thugs behind me went to work and started untying the bodies from the chairs and putting them into body bags.

"Come along Marina and let me explain to you why you are here."

I woke up to someone shaking my shoulder.

"Marina, we just landed."

Oh it was all just a dream. I'm okay now.

I stood up from my seat and stretched out. Many of the agents surrounded me for my safety and led me to the doors. I waited until most of them filed out of the airplane then I stepped out into the stairs.

My eyes automatically searches the tarmac for my family. They were standing there at the bottom of the stairs with balloons and flowers. My Mom, Dad, and sister were here. I flew down those stairs and straight into their waiting arms. I didn't realize that all of us were crying nor did I hear the whistles and cheers surrounding us.