Chapter Thirty Five - Ivy

Start from the beginning

"How are you doing?" Axel whispered in my ear. I tightened my arms around him and smiled up.

I looked past Axel and saw Shay leaning against his new truck in the parking space directly across from us. He had his arm wrapped around Aubrey's waist and they were both watching us warily.

He only just got here right? There is no way that he saw me with Sam right? Oh god, but what if he did?

"What time did Shay get here?" I asked in a small talk tone.

Axel glanced at me wearily. "I don't know. It was only a couple of minutes before I got here. Why?"

I shrugged and rested my head on his chest.

Shay saw me. There is no way that he didn't, or at least he was able to put two and two together. Sam and I both crawled out of the car with messed up clothes and hair. Then we exchanged a few glances and both looked flustered. There is no way Shay didn't put all of that together.

Shay is going to tell Axel and then Axel won't talk to me anymore. I'm so screwed.

Axel and I walked into the school and I pulled away from him slightly.

"What's wrong?" Axel whispered, pulling me to the side of the hallway.

I shook my head. "Nothing's wrong. I just need to go to the bathroom and then to my locker. I'll meet you in first bell." I winked at him and whirled around, but he grabbed my arm.

I turned back to him slowly. My heart was pounding in my chest, terrified of what he was going to say.

Axel pulled me so I was standing between him and the lockers. He rested one of his arms on the locker above my head and kissed me tenderly. I stood up straighter and held his face in my hands. He broke the kiss after a second and smirked at me as I stared at him, shocked. He was being so loving towards me after the conversation last night.

"What was that for?" I asked.

Axel shook his head and pulled me away from the lockers with his arm around my waist.

"I'll see you in class." He whispered and kissed me on the top of my head.

I walked into the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror with a big smile on my face. I fixed my hair and waited so that I was sure that Axel would be gone.

"Why do you do that?" A girl asked from the mirror next to me.

I turned slowly to see Aubrey fixing her makeup. How did I not see her when I walked in?

"Do what?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Axel really does love you and all you do is play with him." She mumbled, dropping her makeup into her purse.

"You don't understand; no one does." I snapped, turning to walk out.

Aubrey grabbed my shoulder and turned me around. I glared at her arm like it was burning me.

"No one understands you because you don't let them. You can talk to me Ivy." She said with a soft smile.

I looked her unbelieving and snorted. "Yeah, right." I grumbled. When I walked past her to leave, I slammed into her shoulder so hard that she almost tumbled to the ground.

Who does she think she is, getting all in my personal mess? People like her make me sick.

I walked through the hallway as I looked at my phone and checked my messages. Someone grabbed my arm and pinned me against the locker so suddenly that I dropped my phone on the ground. I looked up to see Adam smiling at me.

A sexy smile spread across my face and I couldn't help, but check him out. Yeah we have some history, but what can I say? I'm just hard to resist.

"Hey, babe. I've missed you." He whispered.

I smiled but couldn't help but look past him for any sign of a pack member.

Adam planted his lips on mine and pressed his body against me. He had completely trapped me against the lockers now and I did my best to break the kiss. He kissed for a moment longer before leaning back slightly.

"I have to get to class." I said, looking down at my feet and to where he was holding my phone on the ground with his foot.

Adam looked up at the clock and then back to me. "Weird! So do I!" He chuckled and rested his forehead on mine. He looked into my eyes hungrily. "Skip class with me." He whispered.

"You know I can't do that. I've already gotten too many absences this semester." I covered as I looked at him from under my eyelashes.

"Well, I'm having a party tonight. Care to attend?" He asked with a slight twinge of disappointment in his eyes.

I shook my head slightly. "I can't I have plans with Axel tonight. You know, my real boyfriend?" I said, raising my eyebrows at him.

He snorted and dropped his arms from beside my head. "You know that you can't have a real boyfriend Ivy. You're just one of those girls that gets bored with one guy so you have them all instead. You wouldn't last with one boyfriend. But hey, if you get bored tonight with Axel, come find me." He said with a wink as he walked into his classroom.

"I'll think about it." I whispered and walked into my classroom to take my seat next to Axel.