Introduction

(AN: Just a quick little note, if you don't like Lucaya or Riarkle, I ask that you don't comment rude things on here. This is my book that I took the time to write (with the help of my editor) and I would rather not see any rude comments on here. So please, if you don't like these ships or how I write, just stop reading it. It's a lot easier than fighting. I wrote this book for the Lucaya and Riarkle fanbase, not for you to come and be rude to me. I'm sorry if I sound like a bitch but it seems like every Lucaya book has some bad comments on it from Rucas shippers and I don't want that on my book. If you want to read it that's fine, I don't care if you read it and don't ship the couples. And I'm always open to criticism. I like to make my work better for my readers, so I'd love to hear your feedback, but there's a fine line between constructive criticism and being rude. Thanks for that, and sorry for ranting. I appreciate you reading this book a lot. Thanks so much for understanding!)

"I hate you!"

"No you don't," Lucas told her, stepping closer to her. "You love me."

"I do not," Maya scoffed, backing away from him just the slightest bit.

"Oh, but you do," Lucas smirked, stepping closer. Maya tried stepping back again, but she found it impossible when her back hit the cold metal of the lockers.

"No. I. Don't."

"Oh, sweetie," Lucas whispered, tucking a strand of golden hair behind Maya's ear. He let his hand rest on her cheek afterwards, leaning closer as he whispered the next words. "Why don't you make this a lot easier for the both of us and just admit it."

Maya's knees grew weak at the sound of Lucas's calming voice and the feeling of his hot breath on her ear, but she didn't let it show. She stood her ground and her confidence didn't waver once as she spoke, even though she was melting on the inside.

"I don't like you, Huckleberry. I like bad boys, boys who ride motorcycles, boys who aren't afraid of anything."

"Oh, poor, innocent Maya," Lucas chuckled softly in her face, his minty breath fanning her face. "You have no idea how bad I can be."

Lucas moved his hand to the back of Maya's neck and leaned forward, brushing his lips up against Maya's before placing them completely on hers, and Maya surprisingly kissed back. She didn't know what had overtaken her when she did this, but there was just something about the way his soft lips kissed her with so much fiery passion that made it impossible for her to not kiss him back. She wrapped her arms around his neck and felt his tongue eagerly lick the bottom of her lip, signaling that he wanted her to open her mouth. She opened her mouth the slightest bit and his tongue darted in, exploring every nook and cranny. His lips were so sweet and addicting, and Maya could already feel herself wanting more.

However, the bell ringing loudly and obnoxiously interrupted their little make out session, and they both pulled apart quickly. They were both panting and staring at each other, still processing what had just happened between the two of them.

"Did we really just.." Lucas muttered, walking back over to where Maya was as kids flooded the halls.

"Yep," Maya replied, popping the 'p'. She was still very shaken up about what had just went down. Did she really just make out with her best friends ex boyfriend?

"In the middle of the hallway?" Lucas questioned again.

"Yep," Maya repeated, not knowing what else to say. If she was being honest, she was still mesmerized, letting the previous conversation replay in her head over and over again.

"Is that all you know how to say?"

"Yep."

Lucas chuckled and found himself staring at the blonde beauty for about the hundredth time today. There was just something about her reputation as the schools badass and her gorgeous body that was so enticing and kept drawing him back in. He had tried to stop his true feelings before, for the sake of Riley, and for the sake of not getting beaten up by Josh once he found out that Lucas had never really liked Riley like that and that he has always only ever had eyes for Maya. He just couldn't put those feelings away, though. He couldn't resist her, with her long blonde curls, her curvy body, her way of speaking, and just how she was so cool about everything. He found himself always being drawn back to her, begging for her to tease him and call him names.