Chapter 5

CHAPTER 5

                                                         Coverings

To be caught wearing clothes is a most heinous crime.  There is no need to inflict punishment, merely the embarrassment of being publicly seen ‘all covered up’ is enough to send any Greeg into self-inflicted exile.  No Greeg has ever been seen ‘all covered up’ in public without banishing themselves into “the cleanliness,” as they call the savagely clean lands outside their “civilization.” 

It should be noted that despite the fact that no Greegs wear clothing, there are many clothing stores full of coverings for all parts of the Greeg body.  It is silently agreed that no respectable Greeg would ever be caught dead in one of these filthy smut shops.  Astoundingly, if one was to do the math, they would find that nearly every individual Greeg must have stashed away hoards of cover magazines, coverings, and other cover related paraphernalia.  The only industry on par with the lucrative schmold trade was covering. 

To be sure, there are Greeg ‘Cover Bars’ where adult Greegs can go and watch lower class daughters of schmold bottlers cover up their fingers and toes, or maybe even arms, legs and torsos depending on just how skeezy the establishment and how badly the coverers need the schmold.  To cover up the genitals would never happen, even in these scummy outposts.  Covering the genitals only occurred during the act of procreation.  The Greeg equivalent to what you humans would call “Sex” involves an ornamental and intimate genital covering for both male and female. 

The male covering is a tube that sucks ejaculate out of the male Greeg, funnelling it into a seal-able and sterile tube, where it can be kept for over forty hoursTo complete the act, the sterile tube is placed in a receptacle attached to the side of a covering that looks similar to an earthling gas mask.  The gas mask forms a suction around the female genitals with a tube leading inside her, directly to the womb.  The male ejaculate is pumped into the elaborate female covering and transported right to the biological doorstep to complete an “Attempt.” 

The Greegs have the highest fertility success rate of any creature on record in any universe.

In their daily lives Greegs are a filthy and disgusting and vulgar creature in every imaginable way.  They go out of their way to show off just how slovenly and insensitive they can be.  In the private act of procreation however, they are clean, sterile, sensitive, caring and humble.  It could be said this is the real Greeg, the one they keep suppressed.  In this act of procreation alone, they become one with the planet on which they reside.