27 // the last breath

A/N : yes it's another chapter in a week yay 😂 have fun reading and prepare tissue papers :')

Clint Barton POV

It's been a couple of hours since the incident. Natasha hasn't talked to me. I haven't seen her.  I miss her. Alot. Although it wasn't entirely my fault, I feel really bad. She hasn't blew her top since we were together, well, as far as I can remember.

I felt that we should talk it out. Clarify our doubts and move on.

I then jumped when I suddenly heard the front door open. Who could it be? Worried that it could be someone who wanted to break in our house, instincts told me to quickly grab the baseball bat that was lying on the ground for no reason. I then slowly looked at the door and saw... Natasha.

She looked really tired. What can I say, it's 12am. I dropped the baseball bat. I wanted to open my mouth to talk to her, but no words came out.

What was she doing at 12am outside, alone?

I guess she was too sleepy to even notice her boyfriend, well I suppose, on the couch. She dragged her feet to her room and closed the door.

I was invisible to her....

Was it on purpose? Did she ignore me? Was she still angry at me? Well, I can't blame her for that, I deserved it....but why?

Or was she really sleepy? Did she go for a run or something? Did she train? She wasn't wearing any running or training attire, so I suppose no...

But she's a freaking spy! She's a well-trained spy for Goodness's sake, Clint! She couldn't have ignored me, right?....

My head was cluttered with thoughts as I suddenly felt something pierce through my stomach. I then felt that the couch was damp, and my vision was blurry.

I looked down, only to see part of the grey couch....red.

Dark red.

It looked and smelled like blood.

I looked up, left and right, hoping to see who was trying to attack me.

But I couldn't see anyone. I looked above again, then I saw Nat.

S..she had a gun with her...aimed at me.

"Natasha? W..what are you doing?" I asked, calmly, hoping she puts the gun down.

My stomach hurt. Alot. As if someone pushed a knife through and took it out. Now I know how it felt whenever Nat complained about her cramps. But this was worse. Oh well.

"Sorry Cl..Clint. You know I wouldn't do this if I had any other choice (anyone understood the reference? ok, i'm sorry, i should stop.) ...I've enough of you. Letting your ex come in our house, cheating on me with that stupid cunt, kissing her behind my back and denying it. Going out with her and everything?" She said, wiping her tears.

My heart hurt to see her like this. I admit that it was my fault, but I don't remember going out with her. I was very certain.

"I know this is my fault, but I'm sure I didn't go ou-" My sentence was interrupted by her pulling of the trigger....

A bullet went flying to my chest. My shirt was wet. I looked down, only to see a bullet being shot through my...heart.

Red and drenched, my shirt was covered in blood.

"Nat...w..why?" I said, gasping for air.

"Because that was how I felt." She said, coldly.

I felt my stomach and heart breaking apart. They were shutting down, together with my lungs. It felt as if my time was up. I only had a few seconds to live. I snapped back to reality, realizing that my own girlfriend killed me. I thought of the fun memories we had and my eyes started tearing.

I smiled to myself as I still loved her. If this made her happy, I wouldn't mind doing this for her ten times. But time was not on my side. I could feel as if there was a timer in my brain, like the ones in bombs, ticking away every moment, telling me that I was gonna die very soon.

"I-I lo..love you Nat...I'm..so..sorry...." I gasped for air as I breathed my last.

Then I slowly closed my eyes......