8 // Sorry

A/N : I'm so sorry for being cruel in this chapter, but don't worry, in the next few chapters, clintasha shippers would be screaming their lungs out 😉 HAHA. Do remember to leave a comment and I'll glady work on it !! Thank you for your support and enjoy !! ❤️

Clint Barton POV

It has been two days ever since Nat had been in coma. The doctor said that she lost too much blood during that time and there was not enough oxygen flow in her brain, thus landing her in a coma.

The past two days felt like two years of hell for me. The house and the bed was empty. Quiet days and lonely nights. It felt that half of me was gone too. Her presence just wasn't there. It just didn't feel right at all.

And all of this happened to her because of me.
If only I remembered about the text Agent Fury had texted me.
If only I didn't forget.
If only I told her earlier so she could prepare for the mission.
If only she had packed some spare bullets so she would at least have some bullets to spare.
If only I had came to her rescue earlier , this wouldn't have happened.
If only I had shot the guy before he could even pull the trigger.
If only I reached there fast enough.
If only I shot him.
If only I was there for Nat like she was for me.
If only I could take that shot for her.
If only.

Cold tears trickled down my cheeks as the flashbacks of the times I had with Nat played in my mind. The first time my eyes met hers. The first time I kissed her. The first time she smirked at me. The first time I loved her.

Suddenly, the sadness written on my face evolved to anger. I felt terrible. I constantly blamed myself for this. It was all my fault. If only I wasn't that forgetful.

I haven't left the house yet ever since that very fateful day. I haven't talked to anyone yet, not even Cap. I just couldn't bear to. I haven't eaten or slept too. I just had no appetite without Natasha. Nights were quiet and sleepless. Natasha Romanoff was my everything. I honestly did not know what am I supposed to do without her in my life, and I didnt even dare think about that.....

___________________________________

"NATASHA!! NOOOOOO!! IT CANT BE TRUE!! DON'T LEAVE ME HERE, WHAT ABOUT OUR PLANS FOR THE FUTURE TOGETHER ? PLEASE. NO NAT YOU CANT DO THIS TO ME!!"
I shouted as tears made my vision blurry. The nurse had pronounced her dead due to too much blood loss. It was a nightmare. That had came through......

AHHHHH !! I woke up in cold sweat and found my self on the floor. Phew, it was all just a dream. I heaved a sigh of relief. But Nat was still in the hospital. I buried my hands in my face as i started sobbing again. My Natasha Romanoff is lying in hospital and what am I doing here,wasting my life away? I thought to myself.

I decided to take a cold shower as I had not bathe for God knows how many days.

After the cool and refreshing shower, I dried myself and put on a black tee and a pair of grey sweatpants. It was the one that I wore that very day which I coincidentally wore it with Nat. It was our ever first matching outfit. I was on the verge on crying as the memories of that day started replaying through my mind. But I held back my tears. Nat wouldn't want me to worry about her.

I slipped on a pair of black vans and headed to my car to make a trip down the hospital. I miss my Nat and badly needed to talk to her. The nurses said that she could hear me but she just couldnt respond. So I decided to talk to her.

After reaching the hospital, I walked to her ward and found Cap, Bruce and Tony there.

"Hey guys, um how's Nat?" I asked, hoping for good news.