21 // The Nightmare.

Clint Barton POV

I woke up with a throbbing headache.
I curled up into a ball. The pain was unbearable.

"Nat...." I groaned.

There was no reply.

"Nat?" I asked once more.

Still no reply.

I immediately turned around, and it was empty. I rubbed my eyes. She still wasn't there.

"Natasha?" I called for her.

I got out of bed and searched for her.
I called her many times, but there wasn't any reply. I searched each room frantically, but she wasn't there. I ran to the kitchen and then I heard a noise.
I quietly crept to the kitchen and inched closer.

Then, I saw Nat.

"Nat? What are you doing here? I called you a multiples times, you know."

With her back facing me, there was still no reply.

I walked closer to her and tapped on her shoulder incase she was in deep thoughts and wasn't paying attention to me.

I was not very far from her. When I was about to tap her, I smelt something weird.

I...it smelt like blood.

Then, I saw a puddle of blood on the kitchen table.

"Natasha? What's wrong?" I asked, concerned for her.

She must have been in her own world, because she didn't have any reaction at all. I went to her side, and what I saw was Nat still standing there, as if I wasn't talking to her. She practically froze and looked like a zombie. I put my hand on her forehead and suddenly, she moved.

"Nat? What's wrong?"

She ignored me once again, but she grabbed whole of a knife and.....

"GAAAH!!" I shrieked. I was still in shock and was panting. I immediately wiped the cold sweat that was profusely dripping down my face.

"It..it was al..all a dream." I comforted myself.

Nat must have heard me as she turned around and said, "Clint? What's wrong? Did you have a nightmare?"

Still recovering from the nightmare, I calmed myself down.

"Ye..yeah." I stuttered, not in the right state of mind.

"What's it about? Are you alright?" She asked.

I immediately turned to her and hugged her tightly. I felt tears rolling down my face.

"Don't leave me." I whispered.

"Never will." She whispered back.

We sat on the bed, hugging each other. I wished this moment would last forever, but we pulled back soon after.

"Thanks." I said.

"It's the least I could do." She whispered.

"So..what do you wanna do now?" She asked, breaking the silence.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"Netflix and pizza?" She smirked.

My eyes widened as she mentioned those items. I aggressively nodded my head as we made the call for our pizza.

A/N: 👋Hey guys!! Sorry for this really short chapter. I fell sick for almost 3 days and didn't want to keep you guys waiting so I'm writing a short chapter 😓 btw, do check out my other book
(( STUCKY : till the end of the line )) 😊💓