The Visit

I walked into the school with the phone in my hand then noticed everyone standing around the living room. It wasn't out of the ordinary until everyone fixated their glance at me.
  Then, I saw a man stand up, "Hey, Kris."
  I stared at him for a few moments until Logan came in behind me. I didn't recognize him until Logan looked at the man too, "Tommy?"
  "Hey, Logan," he said kind of slow. Logan reached his hand out and the two men shook each others hand. Then he looked at me and smiled, "Wow, you've gotten big. I haven't seen you in... 10 years, probably."
  I realized I must have been five or six years old since he had seen me last and that's probably why I didn't recognize him, but then I noticed that he hadn't seen me since my mom died. "You must be Uncle Tommy?"
  He nodded then glanced down, apologetically, "I'm the worst uncle, I know."
  I smirked, encouragingly, "But by default, you're also the best uncle."
  Tommy chuckled, "Yeah I guess so."
  I narrowed my eyebrows and started thinking, "So... Why are you here?" I started getting nervous at what the answer might be.
  "I heard about what happened, I just figured you might be here, considering... uh... Also, I am going to your father's funeral in two days... I'm sorry, for your loss," Tommy seemed gentle about it. "It was a tragic thing that happened."
  I didn't really know what to say to that, "... Yeah."
  There was sympathy in Tommy's eyes and I could tell that he felt bad, "Well, I think I'm going to check in at a hotel."
  "I'll... walk you out," Logan offered.
  The room felt like it was suffocating me, and the only people that actually knew what happened that night was me, Logan, the murderer, and probably the two telepaths of the school. Everyone was feeling the tension, so I turned around and walked down the hall to the training room. It felt like it was the only place I could clear my head. At first, I was sitting down and looking at everything, then a few minutes passed by and I found myself turning the program on and practicing.
  I heard the door to the training room open, but I was still focused so when a laser flew at me, I ducked under it.
  "Ow!" I turned around and saw Logan on the floor. Apparently, the laser shot at Logan instead.
  I smiled, softly, "Oh, sorry."
  Logan stood up and brushed himself off, "So, are you okay?"
  "Yeah, I guess," I answered. "I think I just need some time to think without the spotlight being right on top of me." I slashed at a mechanical arm that tried to grab me and dodged more of the shots. "You wanna train with me?"
  Logan nodded, "Sure... How about we leave the training program on, but you try to dodge me at the same time."
  I smirked, glad he suggested it, "Okay."
  "I won't use my claws," Logan admitted, trying to reassure me.
  I shrugged then kicked the training program up one level. The lasers started firing so I dodged them but noticed that Logan was hesitating. This was his idea so I was not letting him back down, a piece of metal flew at me but I caught it and chucked it at Logan, "Heads up," I smiled.
  Logan swooped under it, "Hey!"
  I smirked then kicked off of the arms trying to grab me, doing a flip backwards. There were lasers firing at Logan so, when he wasn't paying any attention, I managed to drag one of the mechanical arms towards Logan. The technology sensed Logan, then the arm grabbed him and yanked him up. Logan gasped at the sudden grab then he unsheathed his claws.
  "Hey! You said no claws!" I grinned.
  Logan took a deep breath, like he was frustrated, then managed to pry the technology off of his legs. He hopped down, landing on his feet then dodged a few more lasers. I was flexible as I flipped away from the lasers. My claws slid out and I found myself facing Logan, he noticed too, so I sliced towards him but hesitantly at first. Logan started to dodge me and the technology at the same time, which he was being pretty slick.
  "Ugh, how are you doing that?" I asked Logan, getting annoyed that I couldn't move that swiftly.
  "There's too much on your mind, you have to let it all go when your fighting so you can keep a clear head and concentrate," Logan explained, while watching out for more machinery.
  I took a few deep breaths then I let everything that was running in my head go. Logan was right, it was easier to concentrate when you weren't thinking or worrying about anything else, which made me wonder how he could fight when I was around. Maybe he couldn't as well as he normally does, so I started wondering if I was a distraction.
  I felt it before I saw it, a shot from the lasers came at me and slammed into my stomach. It caught me by surprise so I held my stomach for a few minutes, shocked.
  Logan sighed, "Kris, stop thinking!"
  It sounded weird to hear but- as hard as it was- I turned my mind off and concentrated on my surroundings. Then I started dodging the equipment and even managing to block it.
  "Okay, Kris, now try to focus on me and the machines," Logan tested. Once he confirmed that I was paying attention to him, he defensively approached.
  My eyes narrowed as my face expressed determination and my claws were ready at any moment. Logan finally got close enough to attack but, of course, he was hesitant and he still wasn't using his claws. He threw a blow softly, which I dodged easily, and he began to get faster as he knew I could handle it. I still had my claws out so I could dodge or block anything that flew towards me. My feet were flying as I managed to get into the rhythm that seemed to appear in defensive movements. I was so focused that when Logan swiped at me with his hand, I dodged then made a counter move and slung my claws toward Logan. My mouth gaped open as I felt it hit something hard, and it took a while for my brain to process what just happened. I thought I had hurt Logan but, when my brain processed it, I realized that Logan had blocked it just in time to deflect it with claws of his own. I figured that Logan would be ticked that I just tried to gut him, but when I looked at his expression he was smirking like he was praising me.
  I still felt bad, so I dropped my arms to the side and my claws slid back so there weren't dangerous anymore. Logan knew that I was done so he turned the training program off and smiled at me, "Good job, today, we should practice more often."
  I was out of breath from moving around so much so I was panting while talking, "Glad you enjoyed it," I teased, then we both left the training room, both exhausted.