Riding Lessons

"That was awesome," Scott smiled, childishly, climbing onto the plane that the X-Men had brought.
  I glanced at him and furrowed my eyebrows, "I didn't think it was."
  "Right... I'm sure Logan didn't either because you both are just that stiff about everything," I could just see Scott rolling his eyes but I couldn't see through his tinted glasses. Scott sat down on, then glanced at Logan, "So, you don't remember anything?"
  Logan got red, which made me giggle a little bit, "No..."
  "And that's okay," I glared at Scott.
  Scott smiled, shaking his head, "Man, I forgot how hard you are to beat."
  I furrowed my eyebrows then my mouth dropped open, "Um... It looked like you were getting your butt kicked!"
  "You weren't doing any better," Scott protested, the aircraft hovering in the air, now.
  "If it wasn't for me, you'd still be getting your butt kicked," I pointed out.
  "Yeah, well, I just didn't want to hurt him," Scott answered.
  "I didn't hurt you, did I?" Logan looked at me.
  "No," I smiled, reassuringly. Any scratch or gash that Logan made was gone by now so he couldn't say otherwise. I held my breath that Scott didn't say anything, but he was looking ahead, out of the plane towards the clouds.
  The plane hummed but that was the only sound that filled the aircraft. It was really quiet and no one really knew what to talk about. I leaned back in the chair and let my mind wonder, which made the trip back home seem shorter. Scott landed the plane and opened the door, everyone was already starting to file out of the plane.
  Scott grabbed my hand before I left, "Hey Logan. Can I take Kris in the plane?"
  Logan turned around, "Where?"
  Scott shrugged, "Just around, we won't go far."
  Logan glanced at me then back at Scott, "Uh... I guess."
  Scott smiled which was Logan's cue to leave, so he turned around and walked out of the airplane. I watched him leave then I saw the door of the plane close, so I turned back to Scott, "So... Uh."
  "We're just going on a plane ride," Scott answered before I even had to ask.
  "Why?" I questioned, confusion lacing my voice.
  Scott shrugged, "Birthday present."
  "But it's not-," I started.
  "Fine, you can go into the boring school."
  Scott had a point, so I sighed and saw down in the copilot's seat. He smirked then sat down in the pilot's seat, and started the plane back up. Scott lifted the plane off the ground, and high into the air. I stared out of the window, into the clouds, not sure what else to do. I noticed that I still had a headache from the crash that me and Logan were in, the cut was gone but the internal wound still felt fresh and pounding.
  "Here, why don't you drive?" Scott glanced at me.
  "Haha, I'm not riding autopilot," I rolled my eyes.
  "Then don't," he smiled. "Here."
  I furrowed my eyebrows, and looked at him like he had grown horns... would that be so crazy, at this point? I think I'd get use to it, by now. "If you want me to kill us both," I agreed.
  But Scott just chuckled, "You'll be fine."
  "I'm not riding-," I started but the plane started tilting. Scott had stood up from the controls and let go of the wheel! "Scott!" I started slipping from my chair but he stood there and crossed his arms in protest. "You won't let this plan crash," I challenged. The plane tilted even more and he didn't move an inch. Oh my god, he's gonna kill us! I thought, and started panicking. I gave in and ran toward the controls, leveling the plane. I took a deep breath, then focused on what was ahead in the clouds, but there was nothing really to focus on.
  "See, your fine," Scott reassured me.
  "Oh, yeah. Fine," I stated, sarcastically.
  "Watch out!" Scott yelled, grabbing my shoulder.
  I jumped, flinching, then I felt the plane start to swerve. I opened my eyes when I heard Scott laughing hysterically, and I leveled the aircraft, again. "I hate you," I muttered, blushing from embarrassment.
  Scott was leaning against the chair because he was laughing so hard. He finally stood up straight, breathing hard.
  "Are you done?" I slid him a glare, but had to focus on what was out of the plane.
  "Yeah," he sighed, grinning.
  I smirked and jerked the wheel to the left, so the plane shifted swiftly, leaning to the side. Scott stumbled and grabbed a chair so he wouldn't fall over.
  Scott huffed, "Alright, take her back."
  I ignored that he called it a 'her', and slowly twisted the wheel, the plane leaning with the command. It was quiet as we flew back toward the giant school, but then my eyes widened as I realized something, "I'm not landing this... am I?"
  Scott huffed, "Uh, yeah."
  "Woah, buddy. This is where you take the wheel. Flying straight, I can do, but I don't particularly want to crash this thing," I argued.
  He chuckled a little, "Okay, I can see your point."
  "Here," I slowly stood up, still holding the wheel, and gesturing to Scott to take it. He reached over and grabbed the wheel so I let go of the controls, and backed up, but my hand 'slipped' and I turned on the autopilot. Sadly, Scott saw this and looked at me, raising his eyebrow, but he couldn't help but snicker.
  The plane landed in the large garage and we both got out. Scott closed the plane doors behind us, then I saw Logan walk into the garage.
  "You guys made it back," Logan smiled.
  "Alive," Scott added, smirking.
  "Dinner is ready, if you guys are hungry," dad informed us.
  "Yes!" I exclaimed, and followed closely behind him. Scott followed me into the school and we all walked toward the kitchen.

(Alright guys, this is the last of the chapter. I'm not going to write in this book a lot, until I get an aw-ha moment, so I'm going to be focusing a lot more on my other stories. Thank you for all of the reads, votes, and thank you guys for the comments! Love you guys, and please vote for this story and follow me!
~~~~~ LL2z)