Chapter Eighteen: Split Man

Mat held his breath for the second time, seeing Purple cross the room.

"I'll never leave you. That accident gave me preparation, and power over your puny will." The voice echoed through his head. "But I'll spare one person. And it's either Nate or Stephanie."

Mat bit his lip as his eyes widened. "S-Save o-one?" He said, flabbergasted. The Theorist liked both of them. Steph was his wife, Nate, his best friend.

He had to admit he lost some feelings for Steph and more grew for Nate. Mat looked at Purple. "I-I can't choose......" Truth was, he didn't want either to die. They meant too much to him. If he had to die, so be it.

"Too bad. Well, your punishment, watching them DIE!" Purple growled, waving his hand. Mat's screamed before the hospital room vanished.

<In Room>
Mat was tied to a chair, bound by leather holders, kinda like big leather belts.

He struggled, trying to break loose. No avail. "Purple you bi***! Come back here!" Mat screamed, noticing this was the first time he's cursed in real life. He bit his tongue, looking around the dark and foggy room.

"HEY! LET GO OF ME! HEY!" Two voices yelled. One was a woman's, the other, a man's.

It was Purple and two others. One looked like Mark, the other like.......Jack.

'Anti and Dark.' Mat thought. 'I'm screwed. Damn, why can't I think of anything? I'm the one who-who-who........what the h*** was that?!?' He felt something hot sting his back.

"F***!" He screamed, getting the attention of Anti and Dark, who were both carrying an unconscious body. One was Steph's and the other was Nate's.

"Oh, did I hurt you?" Purple said, venom lacing his voice. "It can't hurt me........too bad."

Mat reached for the spot which Purple burned him, his left arm. On it was a Japanese character of the word, Split. Below that was, Death.

"Uh........." Nate groaned as he saw Mat, staring at the ground. He looked up, seeing Dark's grey arm around his back, so Nate was like a sack of potatoes.

"M-Mat?" The musician said softly. Mat perked up. His soft brown eyes held no emotion. Tears formed in the musicians' eyes, blurring his vision.

"G-Go away." Mat said under his breath. He was done with all the cr** he's had over the last months. This was no different.

Nate wiped his eyes as he was thrown to the ground by Dark. He groaned as he saw Steph too. Steph was in a bad shape. She was covered in blood.

Anti threw Steph at Purple, who placed her in a chair across from Mat. Maybe about five feet apart from each other.

Mat sighed, not looking up. "Mad world~" He sang. "And I find it kind of funny~ I find it kind of sad~ The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had~" He looked at Purple, showing the broken man he was.

And he really was a dead man. A lost soul.

One of the six.

<><><><>
And that is the end of Six Souls, One Man!

Thank you all for reading! I loved the support!

Now, if wanted, I will make another book for this. The plot? You'll see. I'll give a sneak peek.

(Song: Mad World by Gary Jules)

~A Very Grateful Warrior