15 | FIFTEEN

15 | WHAT AN AIR HEAD

SWEAT DRIPPED FROM HER HEAD AS SHE WHIPPED AROUND, CASTING HER HAND AT AN OLD TEA POT SENSEI DIDN'T CARE FOR ANY LONGER

SWEAT DRIPPED FROM HER HEAD AS SHE WHIPPED AROUND, CASTING HER HAND AT AN OLD TEA POT SENSEI DIDN'T CARE FOR ANY LONGER. The pot turned to stone and Emma dropped her arm to her side, allowing it to lightly swing as she smiled at her accomplishment. She leaned down, her hands on her knees and fought to catch her breath while still keeping her eyes on her latest discovery. She had learned how to use the element of earth.

It had only been a few days of her being back at the shop, and she was still trying to adjust to her life. But Cole had jumped in and helped her right away, just as she asked. And now, a few days later, she was learning to control her ability.

"Hey, you're getting better!" Cole cheered, slinging an arm around his sister's shoulder and pulling her in for a hug. She chuckled and rested her head on his chest, still staring at the stone pot. "I guess I am," she grinned, pulling away from her brother and throwing her arms up to stretch them. 

"What do you say we go take a break? I think I heard Jay say that Nya made cookies. I know how much you love your cookies," he smirked, motioning to the blue ninja who was chatting with Lloyd over by the shop door. Kai and Zane were closer to Emma and Cole, monitoring Emma's progress carefully. 

"Me and my cookies, and you and your cake," Emma beamed, lightly shoving her brother away from her in a playful motion. "We all have our corks, huh?" Cole asked, beginning to walk over toward Jay and Lloyd. "Some more than others," Emma responded.

"Hey! My favorite female earth ninja!" Jay shouted, ruffling up Emma's hair as she glared at him and threw her head down to put in back in a ponytail. "What do you want?" she grumbled, knowing that if anyone talked like that it was only to get something they needed. "What do you say that you convince Nya to let me take her to dinner tomorrow? She doesn't want me to spend money on a date, but it's our two year anniversary and I want to," he pleaded.

Emma sighed, "Sure, I'll talk to her. Where you going to take her anyway?"

"I don't know," he shrugged. "Some place nice, though."

"Nice? Jay? What are we talking about?" Kai asked as he suddenly joined the conversation. "Jay wants to take your sister on a date tomorrow," Lloyd answered, leaning his body against the shop exterior with his arms folded across his chest. Kai raised an eyebrow, "Oh, is that so?"

Jay nervously chuckled and scratched the back of his neck, not really knowing how to respond, "It's our anniversary, and uh -- "

"I know, Jay. You don't think I keep track of my baby sister's anniversary with her boyfriend - also known as my teammate? I'm rootin' for you, relax a little."

"Really?" Jay's face lit up like a Christmas tree and Kai smiled, "Sure, but that doesn't mean feel free to talk about where you guys go and what PDA you express. I'm still her brother, so I'm kind of forced to accept you guys, but it's just not the worst thing in the world," he sighed.

Jay looked at me and wiggled his eyebrows before letting out a whistle, "I'm finally out of the doghouse! That is an accomplishment," he said to all of us, getting a high five from Lloyd and rolled eyes from Cole. "Why would you ever be in a doghouse?" Zane asked, looking seriously at the man. "It's an expression, Zane. It means you're in trouble with someone, like how a dog gets sent to the doghouse when he's being bad, that sort of thing," Emma explained.

"Oh, that makes sense. Thank you."

"No problem, Snow Cone," Emma smiled, patting her friend on his back and beginning to take a step backward. "I'm going to get the pot, hang here for a sec," she told her friends while raising her arm to point to the pot. As soon as her arm lifted, the pot flew off its resting perch on the ground and was thrown against the dragon pen wall, smashing to pieces in the process. 

Emma covered her mouth, staring in shock at where it now laid in fragments, and every ninja had their jaw dropped, their mouths hanging so far open that they could catch flies. "Did anyone else see the flying pot?" Jay choked out, fear looming evidently in the back of his voice.

"I saw the flying pot," Lloyd answered. "So did I," came Cole. "Yeah, that is one flying pot," Kai replied. "I do not think it flew on its own," Zane responded.

Emma still stood frozen, her hands covering her mouth as her eyes stayed wide open in shock. "I think Emma did it," Zane added on, walking slowly over to Emma and placing a gentle hand on her shoulder.

She snapped up, her head turning to look at Zane's hand and her arms falling to her sides. "Sensei!"