"Megan? Is that you?" Her mum stepped in from behind a door which I am assuming is the kitchen. That was where the smell of Indian was coming from anyway. Her eyes – the same ones as Megan's – landed on me. "Oh, hello, are you the new boyfriend?"

"What?" I stuttered. I felt so uncomfortable right now.

"He looks scared so that means he is." Her mum giggled. She stepped forward in her low-cut top and dress and held her hand out. "I am Sharon, Megan's mum. I take you're Jamie?"

Meekly, I nodded my head. My eyes fell to Megan's and I could tell that was she was close to laughing out loud. How was this funny?

"Do you speak?"

"Yes." I snapped. I liked her mum but I was still on edge about her dad. If her mum was like this, would he dad be all serious or would he be the same?

"Ooh, you've got some bite." She laughed.

"Jamie, I am just nipping upstairs for ten minutes to get ready but I'll try not to be too long." Megan told me and I stiffly nodded my head before I watched her climb the stairs, wanting her to just turn around and come back down so I wasn't alone.

Her cousin stared at me. "So, what interest do you have in Megan?"

I frowned, what did she mean by that comment? Was Megan not allowed to have a boyfriend or something? She obviously knew that Megan had already had one because of Cameron. "I really like her and she wasn't going out with anyone." I told her with a shrug. Aware that her mum was also staring at me.

The next thing she did was beam at me and gave me a tight hug. "It is good to hear you say that." She laughed. "When I asked Cameron the same question he just told me that it was because she said yeah and that was it. He acted all moody around me as well. Tosser."

I laughed with her. It felt good knowing that she hated him as well. "Can you...you know..." Her eyes widened and she let her arms drop to her side so she was no longer hugging me.

"It is good to hear that Jamie," her mum told me. "Now, for two of you, how come you have so much alcohol?" Her eyebrow was raised.

I glanced down into the bag that I now gripped hold of. There was a small bottle of vodka, two bottles of cider and the bottles of WKD. Her cousin must have been cool because they were the big bottles.

"We're sharing between loads of us. I doubt we will get two sips of one of the drinks each." I told her honestly. After I boasted that I had my alcohol sorted, Luke and the lads begged me to share with them and I reluctantly agreed. Besides, Megan was sharing hers as well with Hayley.

She narrowed her eyes, like she was trying to guess if I was lying to her. I knew I wasn't so hopefully that came across as I sat on the sofa arm keeping her gaze. If I looked away it would look like I was definitely lying. That was another trick I had learnt when I lied to Stanley. I had to keep my eyes on his. You NEVER back down.

"I believe you. Please don't let her come home drunk."

"Oh, don't worry about that Mrs Kershaw!"

She winced, "Goodness, don't call me that. It makes me sound old." She laughed.

Megan appeared at the bottom of the stairs and my jaw dropped to the floor. She was wearing dark blue denim skirt and a light pink top with her black jogger jacket over the top. She had her silver, hoop earrings in and her hair was straightened. She was wearing her black trainers and she looked so hot!

I had never seen someone look so good-looking before and she was MY girlfriend. Tonight was going to be so good!

"Jamie..." My head snapped to her cousin, who had also jutted out her elbow into my side. "Quit staring."