Chapter 17. Meet Jiraiya.

Start from the beginning

I call him Old man like how Naruto call Grandpa-Hokage. It's because he makes a ridiculous and funny face whenever I call him that. And besides, he really is an old man.

"I'm starving. Old man, I'm going to grab some food and go ruin my other friend's training. Do you have something you want to buy? I'll go get it." I turned to him. 

"No. No. Just stop calling me 'Old Man'. I’ll be okay with that." He said.

"Nope. I’ll call you Old Man. Bye." I grinned. "Bye Naruto. Goodluck with your training." I waved.

--
I summoned my medium-sized fans on the scroll and transformed to Gaara's older sister, Temari. 

I spotted Team 10, training. I hid behind the tree where Asuma-sensei was resting, watching his team fight and train Shikamaru. 

"Asuma-sensei." I whispered. " It's Nami. Can I help you guys on training Shika-kun?"

Asuma just smiled and said an almost inaudible "Go ahead."

I grinned and jumped behind a clueless Shikamaru.

"What?!" He exclaimed, jumping away from me. Ino and Chouji was the same, looking at my transformed-version of Temari and back at Asuma-sensei. Asuma-sensei told Chouji and Ino to back off and let Shika and me fight.

"Wind release: Great breakthrough." I held out the fan, doing my wind technique.

After some wind techniques, throwing of shurikens and avoiding his shadow techniques, Shika

and I was face to face. Kunais on our hands and beads of sweat on his forehead.

I grinned and he shot me a questioning look. I enclosed him on a hug,

transforming back on myself.

"Shika-kuuuuuuun!" I squealed.

"Nami?" He asked, when I released him from my hug.

I raised my eyebrow, "No. I am not Nami, I'm Chouji. See?" I said, transforming to Chouji

He sighed, dropping his shoulders "How troublesome."

I shot Asuma-sensei a knowing-look.

"Asuma-sensei!" I pointed at Asuma-sensei, panic on my voice. He flinched, looking behind him but looked back at me when there was nothing there. I grinned at him. "I helped in training Shikamaru. Treat us to Barbecue!" I pulled the three with me.

Asuma-sensei sighed defeatedly, following us.

Third Person's POV

"Asuma-sensei, Shika IS strong ya know! He'll win the match!" Nami said, loudly. Her mouth full of barbecue.

"Nami, Is 'Manner' even in your dictionary? Don't talk while your mouth is full." Ino scolded.

Nami smiled and gave her a peace sign.

Lee and Tenten entered the Barbecue restaurant noticing a certain Orange head.

"Hey Nami-chan!" They called.

Nami turned her head to her caller and waved at them.

"Hey Guys!" She said after she gulped.

"How're you doing? You don't hang out with us anymore. Neji doesn't want to talk about you. Did you guys had a fight?" Tenten asked.

Nami made a very unattractive scowl on the mention of Neji's name. All of them noticed it.

"I don't know." She dismissed, eating barbecues again.

A very awkward silence was made until Nami stood up and thanked for the food.

"I'm going now." She excused. "Asuma-sensei, thanks for the treat." 

Asuma nodded at her.

"What's with her?" Chouji asked.

Lee and Tenten sighed, "I think Nami went to Neji's house after our prelim fight. Maybe she talked about what happened to Hinata and Neji, being Neji said something horrible."

"Yeah." Ino said, "When it comes to Nami.. well. She doesn't want her friends to get hurt."

Nami was walking down the streets. 

Neji-nii... He's an idiot. She thought, She bumped to someone.

"Oh.. Sorr--" Nami scowled again at the sight of Neji. Neji just shot her a look and continued on walking like nothing happened.

A vein popped out on Nami's head. She threw one of her shoe on Neji's head and it hit him. A bull's eye.

She retrieved her shoe and glared at Neji.

"Say sorry to Hinata!" She barked and walked away.

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nami's POV

"Old Man, Catch!" I shouted at Jiraiya who is, as usual, perving at Ladies. "Stop being a pervert!"

He got startled by my presence but caught the popsicle by his hand. 

I gave half of my popsicle to Naruto, who, until now, has no improvement on his summoning.

"Thanks, kid." He said.

"No prob." I said, biting the popsicle and watching Naruto with his summoning again. "It's just a week before the Chuunin Exam. Jiraiya-sensei, Ya going to watch?"

"Maybe. Maybe not. I will do my research." He answered.

I frowned. "Research on perving?"

He grinned. I sighed.

--

"Stop staring at me. Hold on him tight. I'll have Jiraiya pay for this." Gamabunta said, jumping. 

He insisted on bringing us on the hospital for Naruto. Naruto is now unconscious and is now in my arms, we are on Gamabunta's head. I can't stop admiring him. I stared at him which is making him annoyed. 

Well, it's not everyday that you see a very giant toad. 

Naruto was unconscious because Jiraiya, who I almost killed earlier, pushed Naruto on a cliff that will surely kill him. Luckily, he summoned Gamabunta successfully but he struggled to stay put on Gamabunta's head all day. I don't know where Old man Jiraiya went, maybe he's still hiding from Gamabunta. 

"We're here." Gamabunta slided us down and made a big trail of his arm or foot? on the ground.

"Thanks Gamabunta-san." I smiled. 

He just stared at us and poofed away. Naruto wearing his usual goofy grin. Nurses went out of the hospital after a few minutes and picked Naruto with a stretcher.

---

Finallyyyy. An Update.. Sorry for the wait. 

Oh! and a thousand plus reads. Awwww. It really really made my day.  Please vote and comment. Loveyouguys! :) 

Next Chapter.. Maybe about the Final exam. The Main Battles. Hooray! :))