Chapter. 1

Cold, hungry, tired.

Never in a million years would I thought that I would end up here. Homeless.
Wandering the streets, asking for money, and food, or just anything, like a pathetic, desperate person. Heck, what am I saying? I am a pathetic, desperate person. But what can I do? I've lost everything. I have nothing and no one.

I kept thinking to myself as I walked around the streets. It's cold outside and I don't have warm enough clothes on. I'm so hungry too. I don't even know how I have the energy to walk for this long. Today, after asking for hours if anyone had money so i could buy food, I got $6.74. I could go to a store and buy some snacks I guess.

I saw a small food store across the street so I headed over there and walked inside. The store owner wanted me out quickly cause I look dirty. it's kind of true since I can't take showers often and I wear the same clothes everyday. I bought two bags of chips and two water bottles. I figured that could last me two days I guess.
I started to eat one bag of chips. Oh my god, the taste of food is amazing. After not eating for so long, any food could taste like best thing in the world.

As I continued to walk I felt like I was being followed. I kept turning around but I didn't see anyone suspicious. I found a spot between two buildings that felt a bit warm. So I sat there and continued to eat my food. Its dark out so you can't really see me from the streets. I tried to go to sleep but then I heard footsteps.
They kept coming closer and closer and I could tell it was more than one person.

"Well, well, well, look what we have here!"

Oh, this is not good.

Two guys began walking up to me. Their walks were a bit weird so I guess they were drunk.

"What are you doing out here all alone?"

I need to get out of here.

"Oh, don't walk away from us. We just want to talk for a bit."

I tried to walk around them but they both trapped me between them. No one can see me and I doubt anyone would hear me, we're too far away from the streets and stores are blasting their music. I don't think I have enough energy to run, but I'll try.

"We've seen you wandering the streets a lot so we just wanted to meet you. And maybe have a little bit of fun?"

"I don't have any business with you." I said to him.

"Cmon. Let us play with you."

I pushed one of the guys and started to run towards the streets. God dammit, I don't have enough energy for this. They eventually caught up to me and grabbed me. I kept struggling to get them off of me. They tried to take my clothes off but I kept moving around too much for them to be able to strip me. Ugh they reeked of alcohol. Ok. Focus Nari, you have to get out of here.

I kicked one of the guys in the stomach which made him let go of my arms so then I pushed the other guy and began running again. I'm so close to the streets. I can hear them behind me so I ran faster. All this running is going to kill me after this. As I finally make it out to the street, I crashed into some other guy.

"Oh, I'm sorry sir! Please forgive me!" I said while bowing, and all out of breath.

The man dusts his suit and just stares at me.
What is he doing? Why is he staring at me?
I look behind me and the guys who attacked me are gone.
Thank god. I turn back around and the man continues to stare. Almost as if he's examining me.

"Uh sir? A-are you ok?"

"Who are you?" He asked me.

"Uh I'm Park Nari"