Casually Chilling Champions

We won 35-0, starting the season with a 1-0 record. Every victory added to our school's goal of 200 win streak. Of course the boys were grinning ear to ear and as soon as dad dismissed the team Josh shouted, "Lunch at my house!"

The other cheerleaders squealed in delight and I couldn't help but smile as Alex walked up to me, dropping his helmet in my hands as he slung his arm around my shoulders.

"You going Hathaway?" He asked, bumping me with his hips making me nearly fall over. Shooting him a playful glare I bumped him back and pouted when he barely moved.

"I don't know Hunters, are you?" I asked, looking down at the helmet in my hands.

"What kind of quarterback would I be if I didn't celebrate with my team? And as a cheerleader you are held by social standards to attend said party with us football players."

Laughing I said, "I'm not a fan of the cliche. I'd rather relax at home then follow the expected story line."

When he gave me a blank stare I cracked a smile and said, "Of course I'll go, but only cause you want me to."

Smiling he shook his head and said, "I'll give you a ride, I'm sure your dad'll be taking your sister home so she can catch up on her 'beauty sleep'."

Stifling a laugh I whispered, "Alex! That's stupid. She already had her required twelve hours."

Hearing our laughter, Ashely came bouncing over and tossed her hair before saying, "Alex are you going to Josh's?"

"Totally, I was just about to take your sister."

Her smile fell and she studied the two of us. Her eyes landed on the helmet in my hands and she took in his arm wrapped around me before saying, "Room for one more?"

Alex glanced at me before nodding. "Of course. It would be an honor to take you two. Now let's head out before Josh tries to dump Kool Aid into the lake again."

Raising an eyebrow, my sister let out a laugh and said, "Josh is full of school pride and thought his lake needed to match the school colors, so he tried to fill it with purple Kool Aid."

"Hey!" Josh exclaimed as himself and a few of the other players walked past us towards the parking lot. "That was once."

"Yeah yeah Henrik, deny it all you want but I've still got the pictures." My dad laughed before saying, "Is the coach invited?"

"Course Mr. Hathaway. It's your favorite today."

Hiding my face in Alex's shoulder as my dad fist bumped the air, the rest of the team headed towards their cars before the traffic in the parking lot could grow hectic.

Following Alex, I sat shotgun and tried to ignore my sister grumbling as I fiddled with the radio.

Alex's hand shot out and pushed my hand away before he chose a country station. "Really?"

"Hey, don't judge. We all have different taste, and I happen to love Tim McGraw."

"I prefer Lonestar. But to each our own...." I said before smiling widely as 'Mr. Mom' began to play. Turning it up I shouted the words and danced in my seat making my sister groan and Alex laugh before shouting along with me.

By the time we had gotten to Josh's, my sister dove out of the car, making us laugh before shutting the radio off.

"Closet Country Singer, huh?" Alex smiled making me shrug.

"I'm full of surprises Hunters. I'm like a box of cereal."

Laughing he shook his head and said in disbelief, "A box of cereal?"

"So I might like analogies, and it's lunch so that's the best I've got until I've had Josh's 'Famous Killer Cheeseburgers'." I shrugged, grabbing Alex's hand and dragging him behind me.

"Ew, you like cheese?"

Freezing I exclaimed, "And you don't?"

"Never had it." He said casually making me gape at him. "It's never appealed to me."

"Well that's about to change quarterback." I declared before marching us into the house packed with football players and cheerleaders.

Rolling his eyes, Alex smiled and mumbled, "Keep dreaming cheerleader."