Pep Rallys and Promises

Friday was the first pep rally of the year. Having to work two periods on it, I hoped they liked it. Ashley actually put a lot of thought into it, but it looked like it would be a bit fast paced since we only had one period to do everything.

Every pep rally was important, this team had a winning streak of over a hundred. If they won every game this year, they would have a two-hundred winning streak, which would be the best streak in high school football.

One of the things I favored about doing this pep rally was the fact that none of the football players knew about it since we decided it should be a surprise for them. We got the principal, Mrs. Jenkins, to help us by yelling at the football team and telling them they had to scrap the gum off the bottom of the bleachers in the basketball court last period.

As soon as they walked in, the room was filled with cheers, the whole school body filling the bleachers and stomping their feet. A few of the boys jumped, while one or two cursed. The rest laughed and greeted the pep rally happily, running in and cheering along with the students.

The marching band began playing our fight song while we did our cheers, the boys got to do an obstacle course. It was hilarious watching the boys crawl around and ride tricycles.

The rest of the pep rally was spent playing games and even involving some of the students. My dad even said a few words to his team before inviting the whole school to come and cheer on the football team.

As soon as the pep rally ended, the football team ended up helping us clean up. I was currently picking up hola hoops when I was nearly run over by a tricycle.

Glaring, I watched Alex ride off laughing loudly. He spun around to face me as he kept pedaling and I held back a laugh as he crashed into the rest of the tricycles which were lined up.

Dropping the hola hoops, I rushed over to see him lying in a heap of mini bikes. As soon as he looked at me, he burst out laughing and soon I was giggling myself. Pulling him up, I shook my head and ran off to my hola hoops as soon as my sister yelled, "Who knocked over the tricycles?!"

~

Saturday was the first game of the season, and after yesterday's pep rally, we were all ready to win this game between the Jennings Jaguars and the Leyton Lemurs.

Alex and I had hung out before the game since the coach and football players had to be here an hour earlier to practice. While Ashley slept in the car, Alex and I tossed the ball back and forth for a while before going to sit on the benches.

"So are you ready Hunters?" I smiled as he sat down, drinking about half of his water bottle.

Nodding he smiled and asked, "Are you ready?"

Laughing I shook my head, "No. This uniform is tiny, how am I supposed to maneuver in this?"

"As a matter of fact, I think it looks perfect on you." He said and without warning, dropped his helmet on my head. Letting out a shriek, I exclaimed, "Why is it dark?!"

He laughed and twisted it around so I could see through it. My sudden panic cleared when I saw him smiling which caused me to smile even more.

"How do I look?" I said, posing as if I was on a runway. He laughed and said, "You are the hottest football player I've ever seen."

Blushing, I took of the helmet and handed it back to him. As I started walking to where the cheerleaders were gradually meeting up, I called, "Sorry, but I'm a cheerleader, not a football player."

"Don't mess up!" He shouted and I yelled back, "Thanks! And don't break that streak!"

Even at the gravity of my words, he laughed and shook his head before calling out, "I promise I won't!"