Ch 2 - Surveillance

Start from the beginning

"We already know that this fight isn't going to be a fair one since Elle is probably the only other person who knows how we fight. However, don't hold back since Franco's right. You need to be level headed if we're going to be successful in finding Elle, and this calm thing you've got going on can only mean that you're bottling everything up. Let it out," Aziel told me.

"I'm not bottling anyth-"

I was stopped by the unexpected kick to my jaw.

"Stop lying and fucking deal with your anger Xander," my best friend told me.

"Fine!"

If that's how he wants to do this, then we can tango.

I don't know how long we were at it for, but it was clear that they were right about my rage. I wasn't just angry about my girlfriend's disappearance. I was angry at myself for letting it happen. I am supposed to be the best agent at Cypher, and yet I failed to realize an assassination attempt on my life.

And now the love of my life was paying for it.

"Go take a shower. We're leaving," Franco announced as he walked into the room.

"Where are we going?" Nigel asked as we all grabbed a towel.

"I haven't found her, but I figured that figuring out who's trying to kill Six might be the answer to finding her, so we're going to see Sergio about this," Franco informed.

I laughed humourlessly. "For a second I was so sure you said we were going to see my girlfriend's father about her disappearance."

"That is exactly what I just said. He's going to want to kill you, but then again, who doesn't want to?" Franco said with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes. "Funny."

"I've already called him, so you have an hour to prepare the eulogy you'd like Five to deliver at your funeral," he said as he left the room.

"I'd forgotten what an asshole Franco could be," Nigel commented.

"As long as he's helping, he could be the greatest asshole for all I care. We just need to find blossom," I sighed.

"And we will. This is us we're talking about," Aziel reminded.

Fuck yeah, this is us we're talking about!

The three of us got showered and changed as instructed by Franco, but all I could think about was my blossom. I have never in my life had anything or anyone consume my thoughts the way that she had.

*FLASHBACK*

"Just so we're clear, you are a very creepy person," she commented.
"I don't see how that is relevant to you doing a push up," I replied.

She huffed. "I'm injured. I think you need to get your hearing and eyesight checked out. I've told you this so many times and my hand is wrapped up for heaven sakes, and yet here you are, forcing me to do the impossible. What is wrong with you?"

I could see the rage in her eyes, but I know it well enough to know that it wasn't directed at me. She's got pent up anger, which is probably why I was so strangely attracted to her. I've never met a person who hides their anger as much as I do.

"What's your story exactly?" she asked as she did one push up. I didn't think she would with how much complaining she'd done since I'd asked her to kick the bottle.

"I don't have one," I lied.

She scoffed. "Oh? So creeping into girls' rooms and demanding that they come with you so that you can make them workout is not something worth sharing?"