"You guys are a beautiful family ."

"We're not together." They both said at the same time while scooting away— far away, from each other as possible.

The gray-haired woman, smirked not buying their facade.
--
Leigh

During the car ride it was very awkward and silent between us.

"Your tasks for the day are to come with me to all four of my meetings, report and record important info aka everything. I make direct eye contact with you when I need you to really write information down. If you miss it that's why you have a tape recorder. Remember everyone's names, send people up or out, stay in my office unless told otherwise, check emails, and since you're technologically inclined you may have a say in some discussions."

He kept his eyes straight as I took everything in. From what I could tell and partially remember is that Kaine's very...demanding.

I had to do everything his way or back to the highway I go. He's going to be a pain in the ass, and I have to be able to control my emotions around him. Kaine Cole, is a sturdy man, he's almost hitting 6'7 and at least 250 pounds of muscle. I wouldn't want to upset him because he could pick me up and throw me out of a window.

We pulled up to a beautiful skyscraper, "Is this it?"

I remember!

He didn't say anything. Instead he got out of the car, opened my door, gave me my laptop bag and phone.

"Follow me. Don't say shit to anyone."

"Kaine..watch who the hell you are talking to. I am a human being not an animal. Even an animal wouldn't like being talked to in that tone. "

I grabbed him by his tie and pulled him down to my level, "Respect me with the same respect I give to you. Knowing damn well you don't deserve it. Understand Mr.Cole?"

He noddded quickly, "Good."

I smiled and smoothed out his expensive suit.

"Hello, Mr. Cole. Hello, Ms. Christian. Is this Noa?"

I nodded, squeezing my baby tighter,

"I'm Krissy. I will be here to assist you, Ms. Christian."

When we walked in, there were busy bodies everywhere. Kaine signed in and I guess I had to follow suit since he handed me the pen.

As we prepared to go to his floor—the very top, we were stopped by a stick–thin, fake ass, wannabe Barbie.

Meanwhile, someone quickly handed me a badge with my name already on it.

Kaine had this all planned out I see.

"Kaine, who's this that you have with you? Your sister?"

I looked up from putting my badge on. Who? Me? Kaine seemed to be annoyed by the woman. I thought his employees couldn't even call him Kaine.

"You know she's not my sister. She's my new assistant. You're fired Victoria. Come on Leigh."

That's Victoria!