twenty-four | sum real

LeSane

On my way to pick up Leigh from a remote parking garage in the city, I pondered on what we were doing and how we were doing it.

She's a married woman. 

She's a mother. Which meant nothing because I'm a father, I just don't have anybody else.

She has everything to lose.

But I want her. And plus, it was a shotgun wedding.

There's no way what they have is going to last.

"Hey baby.."

I said as she entered the car, with all black on and thick black shades,

"Hey LeSane.."

"Babe, you about to rob me or what? You look like a thief in the night."

"Paps hide everywhere and I can't be seen with another man. It'll ruin our reputation."

"Fuck that, you need to ruin his rep with all the shit he did to you back in the day."

"Key words: "back in the day". Not now. We were teenagers."

I chuckled,

"You defending your husband now."

"I'm just stating facts. Y'all be so quick to cancel people, don't even know the full story. So, please don't start, I want to enjoy our time together."

"I'm not starting. Just remember who got you when he drop you off where he found you."

"LeSane!"

"I'm just stating facts. It's not even a matter of if, just when. Put your seatbelt on."

Leigh

The ride to LA was very silent. It took an hour due to traffic, it should've only taken forty minutes.

He bought us wine and cooked a roasted duck for dinner.

"I know you're used to the finer things in life now. So, I did that. You have roasted duck with a balsamic blackberry sauce. Some Prosecco and some white chocolate for dessert."

"Wow, this is all so nice but, I thought that we were having Philly's tonight, babe

"Wow, this is all so nice but, I thought that we were having Philly's tonight, babe."

"Yea, but I wanted to wine and dine you. So, eat up."

I grimaced. I don't have the heart to tell him that I hate blackberry. I've never had duck a day in my life and that all I could think about is the little ducks face. This duck had a family. And Prosecco gives me a raging headache and hangover, it's cheap.

Kaine and I don't even eat this stuff, excluding the white chocolate. I love white chocolate.

"Is there any bread?"