eighteen | white roses

Kaine

Todays the day. It took us, 3 weeks to plan this wedding.

I spotted Leigh, in her prenuptial dress, walking the shore.

"Hey, you excited?"

"As excited as any girl can be for her fake marriage and wedding." She said plopping down in the sand, with her head in her hands.

"What's wrong? You're getting your dress dirty."

"I.. hope we are doing the right thing? What if, someone we like comes along? We just let it be? Over some fake love?"

"It's not fake." I gruntled. "It's something there."

"History, but that's not enough for a marriage. You know what I mean. We're going to always love each other Kaine. That's not only three years of my life, but Noa's. We grew up together, yes, perfect. But my son needs a home. Love isn't enough. History isn't enough. Financial stability is not enough..." she repeated.

"For you." I said.

"So, you're telling me, that you see someone you want, you aren't going to be curious."

"Curiosity will always be there but it comes and goes, it's the curiosity that stays forever that you should be worried about. I've been curious about you since the day we met."

I sat down next to her, "Although, this is an agreement. You're going to be my wife, regardless. Noa won't want for nothing for the rest of his life and beyond and Noa will be my son. I will take care of him beyond time. He's mine. The vows are real, the preacher is real, this wedding is really happening. We're getting married. That's that. And if I feel myself being complacent, we will discuss the openness of this agreement. But I'm trying to keep us alive. Alive, Leigh."

"What's your endgame?"

"Destroying it, letting you keep it, something. Nico being dead. Making it out alive, out of his war, in order to save my company and my family."

..
Leigh

I said all of those things.

Thinking about what I've been doing.

I've been meeting up with LeSane, in secret for three weeks straight, and I feel guilty as fuck.

He asked me to come over one night and it started from there.

We fucked that night and the night after that and the night after that.

But the crazy thing is that, 17 year old Kaine vs a 20-something LeSane were on the same wavelength.

I haven't had any kind of sex with 20-something year old Kaine. What if he'd gotten better? Or worse? Was I blinded by being an inexperienced wide eyed teenage girl ?

It was Grant after that and he put a baby in me and left so that says a lot.

I guess we'll never know, about 20-something year old Kaine's motion.

This marriage was not to be consummated.

I watched as Kaine stood waiting for me to meet him. After our talk on the beach I felt much better.

But, I still couldn't shake my feelings of doubt and guilt.

"What do you want Leigh?" I asked myself as I looked in the mirror, I looked at my long curly hair.