"That's because I don't" I admit to Douglas.

He smiles sweetly at me. "We don't have to go in. We could go anywhere you'll like. Name it, and we'll go"

I look at him in shock. "I can't miss out on a lunch with my parents... Who knows what they would do with me.."

"I doubt nothing as harsh as killing you" Douglas says with a laugh.

"Are you saying you are going to kill me?" I ask him worriedly.

"No of course not!" He yells and I sigh. "Well, maybe I will actually"

I slap Douglas's arm lightly and giggle. He also laughs along with me making my heart melt. I hadn't of noticed of course that we still were hand in hand. It felt weird to hold hands even though we were nowhere near being a couple.

Douglas looks at me intensely after he had stopped laughing and I couldn't help, but stare at his memorizing set of eyes that lured me in each time I stared into them. What was it? What was I feeling that made my heart pound and my cheeks flush with the excitement of what might come.

His hand raises gently and slowly towards my face. I waited until finally, his thumb landed underneath my eyelid. Holding his thumb near my eye so I could see, I could see my eyelash at the tip of it. His touch felt like ice on my hot body that needed to be cooled by his touch.

"Eyelash" Douglas says staring at my lips rather than my eyes.

My heart pounds skipping a beat thinking to myself that this was when he was going to kiss me. Maybe I wouldn't like it. Oh, who am I kidding he looked like the person who could kiss a person senseless and make them feel at ease. I wanted to feel at ease.

But, before he could possibly do that someone knocked aggressively on my window. I jumped frightened by it, but looked to my side to see who it was. Rolling my window down so they could speak, I saw an angry Ryan with fierce dark eyes ready to attack.

"You're late. I've been waiting for you-"

"She is not late it's twelve-thirty. She's right on time" Douglas says with a scoff.

"Whoever asked you to speak?" Ryan asks him harshly sending daggers at him through his intense eyes.

Douglas must not have noticed this or had simply not cared.

"Ryan! Stop being so rude. I'm here so there's nothing to worry about anymore right?" I yell at Ryan for his misbehavior towards Douglas.

He was treating Douglas as if he was dirt when in fact he was more than just that. He was content or at least he seemed like he was. He was intriguing and I wanted him. I needed him. I positively must have him. His touch alone made me go crazy for him.

Douglas and Ryan looked surprised at me for reprehending Ryan.

"Oh, I see" Ryan says with a hand to his chin.

"What?" I question him confused.

"You think that when you're with him that you're better than us. That you have some sense of control. But, look around you. Just because he drives some nice little car doesn't mean he's going to be so nice to you. I'm afraid that's just not how it works in the real world Audrey" Ryan's says to me with a disappointed smile.