Chapter 3

I was laying on my small twin size bed looking up at my dorm ceiling that seemed to be nothing, but cardboard squares. I wasn't ready, I kept telling myself over and over again. I'm not prepared well enough, I kept saying to myself too. But, in reality I was.

Maybe it was the thought that the Dean seemed very strict. Or, maybe it was the thought that Douglas might be in my classes. But how could he? He's definitely not majoring in literature.

"Beep! Beep!"

I jump out of sudden surprise of hearing my alarm clock. How could it already be 6 a.m?

"Ugh! Turn it off I don't have classes at your time!" Rachel yells.

I roll my eyes at her command. She is definitely not a morning person.

"Okay, hold on" I grunt annoyed by her attitude.

Once I hit the snooze button on my phone Rachel returns back to sleeping which I am thankful for. I grab my outfit for today and my toiletry bag from one of my boxes, I still need to unpack my things which I probably will do after I get back. It's been three days and I still haven't unpacked most of my boxes which only gets me more irritated.

I look at my phone again to check the time. 6:15am it says. How can fifteen minutes already have passed?!

Immediately, I walk out of my dorm room towards the community showers I've been dreading to come face to face with.

"Come on babe this way" A girly voice says.

"Alright let me grab my toiletry bag" A manly voice responds.

Once I get around the corner I notice a couple holding hands and making their way to the showers. This is just horrible! How can the dean allow this?! I definitely need to tell my mother about this or maybe I shouldn't. If I do she'll make a big deal about it and tell me how I should've picked a different college and end up putting all the blame on me. And, hearing her lecture me was the last thing I wanted to hear.

I guess I won't be taking a shower today. Great. I should really start getting up earlier to take showers so I can be alone.

I turn back around, carrying my toiletries back with me all the way back to my dorm. Once, I reach my dorm I take my keys out and unlock it. I open the door slowly so I don't wake up Rachel and go inside the room that's pitch black. Groaning in annoyance, I turn on the light which only makes Rachel yell at me. Which was what I trying to avoid, but failed miserably. I turn the light off since, Rachel scared me a bit with her yelling. I then, start changing into my clothes in the pitch black since. But, it isn't as easy as you may think.

"Can you stop freaking bumping into everything?!" Rachel yells out of annoyance in a high pitched voice.

"It's not my fault you're a light sleeper" I mutter under my breathe.

No response comes after my comment, making me think she had knocked out again. Sighing in relief, I finally manage to put on my favorite light pink shirt.

Stumbling, out of the room I tripped over one of my unpacked boxes making me curse when I fall face first. How lovely. I hope no one saw that or is in the hallway right now. I must look hilarious laying on the ground midway out the door.

My head is pounding loudly making me aware that I hit my head hard. That's just great. My first day of classes and I'm already having a horrible day.

Suddenly, I hear footsteps knowing someone might help me up I look over but all I see is brightness. Did I really hit my head that hard?

"Uh... Do you need help getting up?" A voice asks.

"God?" I look up at the bright figure.

I hear a warm chuckle before everything goes black.