Chapter 7 - Dreams of the Past

Start from the beginning

She groans and shields her eyes from the sunlight pouring in from the window. "Five more minutes Connor...."

"I agreed to that fifteen minutes ago." I smirk, giving her a kiss on the forehead. She groans and I pull her up.

That's when I notice something. She has put up a pretty good front, but something definitely is bothering her. Her face seems bright but her eyes tell the real story. And its not her tired face...I have to deal with that almost every morning. This is definitely different.

"Lexi, you okay? Somethings bothering you....." I say, looking her in the eyes. Her smiles melts away and she looks down, snuggling up against me. I wrap my arms around her, drawing circles on her back to comfort her.

"It was on the last mission...." she says trailing off. "We were trying to take out a base of some stupid organization......and then me and the one girl on the team got into the systems of the organization...a-and I found out they were the people who k-killed my mom." She says before breaking down.

I envelope her in a hug as she cries on my shoulder, and I draw circles on her back. Lexi has had such a hard life that most demigods will never have to face. It's horrible the things we have been through, her mom getting shot right before our eyes. Then losing people she cared for at camp. Bianca di Angelo, Michael Yew , Silena, Beckendorf, and her worry for the seven when they left on their quest for Greece.

Her sniffles quiet down and she murmurs something into my shoulder. "And I guess it doesn't help that I killed my first person then too. I'm a monster Connor."

I pulled her sharply off of me so I could look her in the eyes. "Don't ever say that again Lexi. You aren't the monster here. Those people we fight against, as SHIELD agents and Avengers are the real monsters. You have nothing to be guilty over."

She sniffles again and wipes her eyes. "All right...I think I'm good. I'm so sorry about that, I just had a nightmare last night and I guess that didn't help with anything."

"Don't apologize, I'll always be there for you." I smile at her before she grabs me with another hug. I pull her close and kiss her hard on the lips. She kisses back with just as much force. Normally our kisses are sweet and tender but today is different. It's filled with anger, sadness and love, something I never would have expected. We pull away too soon, our foreheads pressed together. "I love you Lexi."

She smiles, "I love you too, Connor." And my heart soars.

"Okay lovebirds, times up." An annoying voice calls from the doorway. The two of us spring apart, the blush creeping into our faces to find the one and only Tony Stark smirking at the two of us. " I hate to interrupt your little moment here but breakfast is ready downstairs. Since Lexi is the only one who can cook and no one else can make edible food, Jarvis just made waffles."

Lexi groans and wipes the sleeps out of her eyes. "What was this Stark, a wake up call?"

"Nah Elsa, it's a heads up. The team is playing laser tag in forty minutes. Romanoff versus Legolas. So you two might want to get ready."

"Okay Tony," Lexi says. "You've made your point, now shoo before you get wet."

"Really Elsa? Shoo?" Stark teases.

I roll my eyes and Lexi waves her hand at him, creating a giant glob of water right in front of Tony.

"Don't test me Stark." She smirks, raising an eyebrow. Dam she looks good when she's threatening people. (A/N lol another dam joke)

He looks at her with wide eyes and nods rapidly, running out the door. She laughs and waves her hand again and the water evaporates. "Works every time."