She'd had it so well planned that it had been real to her. Until, her father shattered it, with witness to all the packs. Her heart had been wrongfully chained someone born of dark hatred.

"Don't you have a pep rally to do?" She said, masking her sadness with a yawn.

Amarie smiled triumphantly, she loved being the star of these shows. "Yeah, I just came for a drink. See you around." She sashayed through the crowd, attracting looks to her figure under the tight cheer uniform.

Kayla rolled her eyes. The crowd continued to scuffle through the crowded doors of the gym, music from the jazz band echoed off the walls and mixed with the excited party of voices.

She scanned the bleachers, until her eyes fell on the one person that she wanted to see forever. He sat with a ghost next to him, just as he had promised. With purpose, she moved toward him, he smiled and straightened when he saw her. Climbing the stairs felt tantalizing, but their eyes never left each other, one step after the other, she saw them coming closer and closer, both their hearts pounding, the chaos lowering behind them. Finally, she planted herself next to him happily.

"I was starting to think you ditched me." He joked into her ear, his warm breath gave her chills.

She leaned toward him, only so he'd be able to here her soft voice over the students and band. "I wouldn't do that to you."

"Good, neither would I." He reassured. His eyes met hers, their faces were only inches apart. His handsome features reminded her of warm honey, it melted into her vision. His pinky finger slowly inched it's way between them.

"Pinky promise?" He proposed.

She grinned and wrapped her slender finger around his.

"I promise", he stated boldly, "to never ditch you." His eyebrows bounced up as they waited for Kayla.

She laughed. "I promise to never ditch you, too."

It was a silly game they were playing, but it meant the world to her. She felt as if she'd promised her entire life over to him, and every part of her being devoted itself to Cody. She would never leave him behind, and there was assurance in knowing he would never do that, too.

The pep rally roared into action, starting with the National anthem. The student who sang had talent, but she was nothing compared to a wolf's howl. Side by side, the two Pelisians cheered on the various teams being praised, offering extra loud cheers for the Pelisian representatives in them. The students were only riled up even more, they had no idea that their fellow students were supernatural beings, it was better that way. It made it safer for all of them to live in harmony.

When the cheer team showed off their routine at the close for the rally and celebrated the upcoming prom, Cody's demeanor shifted significantly. They both knew Kayla couldn't go, and that she'd never be able to go with him. This upset him very much. She tried to cheer him up, but it didn't seem to work.

"Look, Kayla." He finally said to her at lunch time. "I need a date for prom. My parents expect it, the students expect it. I wanted to take you, but I can't, and I've considered just not even going--"

"Don't do that!" She scolded. "I would have loved to go with you. But let's face it. I'm engaged." She growled the words with bitterness. "It would hurt me even more if you missed on that because of me."

"I know." He said. "That's why I already decided that I'm going to ask Amarie, it's happening today after school."

She breathed out. Already decided. How long ago had he decided this!? He wasn't going to fight to get himself there with Kayla. Just roll over, and take Amarie. Of all the girls he could've chosen, he chose her. The beautiful girl who most obviously had a crush on him, she'd hoped he'd at least take a human girl, or better yet, go with friends.