Chapter 16

"I think the lady said no," a voice in the dark says quietly. Holy shit! Sasuke Uchiha, he's here. How? Suigetsu releases me.
        "Uchiha-san," he says tersely. I glance anxiously up at Sasuke. He's glowering at Suigetsu, and he's looking furious. Crap. My stomach heaves, and I double over, my body no longer able to tolerate the alcohol, and I vomit gloriously on to the ground.
        "Ugh, oh my God, [name]!" Suigetsu literally jumps away in disgust. Sasuke grabs my hair and pulls it out of the firing line and gently leads me over to a raised flowerbed on the edge of the parking lot. I note, with deep gratitude, that it's in relative darkness.
        "If you're going to throw up again, do it here. I'll hold you." He has one arm around my shoulders -- the other holding my hair in a makeshift ponytail down my back, so it's off my face. Like the idiot I am at the moment, I attempt to push him away from me, but I end up vomiting again . . . and again. Oh, shit . . . how long is this going to last? Even when my stomach's empty and nothing is coming up, the feeling to puke is still there. I vow silently that I'll never ever drink again. This is just too appalling for words. Finally, it stops.
        My hands are resting on the brick wall of the flowerbed, barely holding me up. Vomiting profusely is exhausting. Uchiha-san takes his hands off me and hands me a handkerchief. Only he would have a monogrammed, freshly laundered linen handkerchief. SU. I didn't know you could still buy these. I cannot bring myself to look at him. The shame is eating me up, or more like my totally red face. I'm disgusted with myself. Right now I want to be anywhere, as long as it's not here, with Sasuke Uchiha.
        Suigetsu is still hovering by the entrance to the bar, watching us. I groan and put my head in my hands. And I thought that the interview was already the most embarrassing moment of my life, but this tops even the Kardashians! I risk a peek at him. He's staring down at me, his face composed, giving nothing away. Turning, I glance at Suigetsu, who looks pretty shamefaced himself and, like me, intimidated by Uchiha-san. I glare at him. I have a limited choice of words for my so-called friend, none of which I can repeat in front of Sasuke Uchiha, CEO. [Name], who are you kidding? He's just seen you hurl all over the ground and into the local flora. There's no disguising your lack of ladylike behavior.
        "I'll, er . . . see you insider," Suigetsu mutters, but we both ignore him, and he slinks off back into the bar. I'm on my own with Sasuke now. Double crap. What should I say to him? Apologize for the phone call.
        "I'm sorry," I mumble, at the handkerchief, which I am furiously worrying with my fingers. It's soft.
        "What are you sorry for, [name]?"
        Damn it, he want his damned pound of flesh.
        "The phone call, mainly. Being sick. Oh, the list is endless.," I murmur, feeling my skin heating up. Please, can you just shoot me now?
        "We've all been here, perhaps not quite as dramatically as you," he says dryly. "It's about knowing your limits, [name]. I mean, I'm all for pushing limits, but really this is beyond the pale. Do you make a habit of this kind of behavior?"
        My head buzzes with excess alcohol and irritation. What the hell has it got to do with him? I didn't invite him here. He sounds like a middle-aged man scolding me like an errant child. Part of me wants to say that if I want to get drunk every night like this, then it's my decision, and has nothing to do with him -- but I'm a coward, so I leave him be. Especially now that I've thrown up in front of him. Why is he still standing there?
        "No," I say contritely. "I've never been drunk before and right now I have no desire to ever be again."
        I just don't understand why he's here- I begin to feel faint. He notices my dizziness and grabs me before I fall and hoists me into his arms, holding me close to his chest like a child.
        "I need to tell Rin." I'm in his arms again.
        "My brother can tell her."
        "What?"
        "My brother Obito is talking to Miss Nohara."
        "Oh?" I don't understand.
        "He was with me when you phoned."
        "In Konoha?"
        "No. I'm staying at the Saiken."
        Still? Why?
        "How did you find me?"
        "I tracked your cellphone, [name]."
        Oh, of course he did. How is that shit even possible? Is it even legal? Stalker, my subconscious whispers at me through the cloud of tequila and beer, that is floating around i my brain, but somehow, because it's Sasuke, I don't mind.
        "Do you have a jacket or purse?"
        "Er . . . yes, I came with both actually. Sasuke, please, I need to tell Rin. She'll worry otherwise." His mouth presses into a hard line, and he sighs heavily.
        "If you must."
        He sets me down and, taking my hand, leads me back into the building. I feel weak, still drunk, embarrassed, tired, mortified, and, on some strange level, absolutely off-the-charts thrilled. He's clutching my hand -- such a confusing array of emotions. I'll need at least a week to process all of them.
        It's noisy, crowded, and the music as started so there's a large crowd on the dance floor. Rin is not at our table, and Suigetsu has disappeared. Levi looks lost and forlorn on his own.
        "Where's Rin?" I shout at Levi above the noise. My head is beginning to pound from the thumping bass line of the music.
        "Dancing," Levi shouts, and I can tell he's mad. He's eyeing Sasuke suspiciously. I struggle into my black jacket and place my small shoulder bag over my head so it sits at my hip. I'm ready to go, once I've seen Rin.
        "I touch Sasuke's arm and lean up and shout in his ear, "She's on the dance floor." bruhsing his hair with my nose, and smelling his clean, fresh, Sasuke-like smell. All those forbidden, unfamiliar feelings that I have tried to deny surface and run amok through my drained body. I flush, and somewhere deep, deep down my muscles clench deliciously.
        He rolls his eyes at me and takes my hand again and leads me to the bar. He's served immediately; no waiting for Mr. Control Freak Uchiha. Does everything come so easily to him? I can't hear what he orders. He hands me a very large glass of iced water.
        "Drink," he shouts his order at me.
        The moving lights are twisting and turning in time to the music, casting strange colored light and shadows all over the bar and clientele. He's alternately green, blue, white and a demonic red. He's watching me intently. I take a tentative sip.
        "All of it."
        He's so overbearing. He runs his hand through his unruly hair, and looks frustrated -- even angry. What's his problem? Apart from a silly drunk girl calling him in the middle of the night so he thinks she need a rescuer. And it turns out she does from her over-amorous friend. then seeing her being violently ill at his feet. Damn right, [surname]! Your screwed up for a life time, congratu-f*cking-lations! My subconscious applauds me sarcastically. I sway a little, and he puts his hand on my shoulder to steady me. I do as I'm told and drink the entire glass on ex. It makes me feel queasy. Taking the glass from me, he places it on the bar. I notice through a blur what he's wearing: a loose white linen shirt, snug jeans, black Converse sneakers, and a dark Jack & Jones jacket. His shirt is unbuttoned at the top. In my groggy frame of mind, he looks yummy.
        He takes my hand once more. He's leading me to the dance floor. Shit. I don't dance. He can sense my reluctance, and under the colored lights I see his amused, sardonic smile. He dives my a hand a sharp tug, and I'm in his arms again, surprised. Sasuke starst to move, taking me with him. Boy, he can surely dance, and I can't believe that I'm following his movements. Maybe it's my drunken state. He's holding me tight against him, his body pressed against mine . . . if he wasn't clutching me so tightly, I'm sure I would swoon at his feet. In the back of my mind, my mother's often-recited warning comes to me: Never trust a man who can dance.
        He moves us through the crowd of dancers, over to the side of the dance floor, and we are beside Rin and Obito, Sasuk's brotehr. The music is pounding away, loud and leery, outside and inside my head. Oh no. Rin is making her moves. She's dancing her ass off, and she only ever does that if she likes someone. I mean, really likes someone. It f*cking means there'll be three of us for breakfast tomorrow morning-. God, I'm screwed.
        Sasuke leans over and shouts in Obito's ear by pulling his earlobe. I cannot hear what he says, but Obito seems to be annoyed by Sasuke. Well, he's not the only one, I guess. Obito is tall, with similar raven hair, and onyx eyes. He looks a lot like Sasuke. Obito grins and pulls Rin into his arms, where she is more than just happy to be right now . . . damn, Rin! Even in my inebriated state, I am shocked. She's just met that guy! She nods at whatever this Obito guy said and grins at me and waves. Sasuke propels us off the dance floor in double time.
        But I never got to talk to her. Is she okay? I can see where things are heading for her and him, and I don't like it. Why do I have the feel to do the safe-sex lecture? In the back of my mind I pray she reads one of these posters on the inside of the bathroom, otherwise I am going to have a second Rin running around our home sooner than expected. Suddenly everything becomes blurry, the music starts to fade away, and I see the lights more often than they are actually there. The last thing I remember before I pass out is that I fall and meet the floor, or so I thought. Sasuke grabs me in time, and I can hear a distant "f*ck" coming out of his mouth.

A/N: AHHHH,  an update..... finally. I am super sorry for letting you wait, I just come out of,  well, kinda a heartbreak hahaha. I hope you can forgive me and kill that asshat who didn't even have the guts to tell me straight that he wants nothing to do with me anymore, but rather he blocks me and ignores me.  Smh @ Dion.
lmao, he can wait for me to put up my "I'm single again"  pics on Instagram

------
If you would like to talk to me through other social networks:
tumblr: pumacchi
tumblr 2: ayatoaster
tumblr 3: bangtangbaes
tumblr 4: jimiminise
instagram: pumacchi
snapchat: puma-sama
twitter: ayatoaster (I don't use it tbh xD)