Silence and Phone Calls

Zacznij od początku

She defiantly wouldn't be catching a plan back either. Not with the risk of another terrorist attack. So all we could do was wait. Wait and see if she'd called, wait and see if she was okay. We didn't even know if she was alive.

Me and Tobin tried cleaning up Kelley's apartment for an hour, and had no luck. A knock came at the apartment door, as I went to open it. Pulling the door open, I saw Christen and JJ standing before me. I gave off a small smile, and saw the worried looks on their faces. I tried to hold back my tears, as they pulled me into a hug. I pulled away from them, giving them a small smile.

"How is s-" Press started to ask, but cut off when they walked into Kelley's apartment.

"What the hell happened here?" JJ asked.

"We found it like this. I didn't have the nerve to ask." I explained.

"Is she okay?" Christen asked.

"No, she's broken." I said, looking over at Kelley in the couch. "We're all broken." Walking over to Kelley, I cautiously approached her. "Kel, Christens here." I said, as Kelley looked up at me. She frantically sat up, looking around the room for Press. Once she finally saw her, she cried again.

"Chris." Kelley sobbed. Christen immediately took two large stores to get to Kelley, and wrapped her into a hug. Kelley sobbed into the forwards shoulder, as Christen whispered soothing words in her ear.

"Hey, you'll be okay. We'll be okay." Christen said.

"Is she okay? Is she okay Christen?" Kelley sobbed out. Christen just let the silent tears fall from her eyes, and gave her an answer she didn't want to.

"I don't know Kels. I can't answer that." Christen said, which only made Kelley cry harder.

"Where is she!" Kelley cried. Christen just shook her head.

"I don't know."

---

Things seemed to calm down later that day. Christen got Kelley to go to bed, and I told them to take the spare bedroom. Tobin and I slept in the floor, and waited until morning.

The next day we all woke up to silence. No one spoke, no one asked questions. We all gathered in the living room, sitting on the torn up couch. Today was the fifteenth, the day Emily was suppose to come home. We all hoped she would just show up at the door, walk in like nothing happened. But we knew she wouldn't, she just wouldn't.

JJ and Tobin ran out to get some take out, since it was around noon. Christen, Kelley, and I sat on the floor. We just looked at each other, hugging our knees and praying. It was silent, until she spoke up.

"She was at her favorite café." Kelley mumbled, resting her chin on her knee. "Don Revouj. That was where the first bomb went off. Then around a dozen more went off in the square. I don't-really know if she made it to that café." She stuttered. "But I'm praying to god she didn't." She said, raising her head to the ceiling. "She-she sent me a recording. Sh-she was singing." Kelley said, trying to hold back her tears. "My favorite song." She paused, looking at the floor. "Now I never want to hear it again." She mumbled.

Tobin and JJ returned with the food, as we ate in silence. As we were all sitting in a circle, just staring off into space, my phone rang. I looked at my screen, and felt the air catch in my throat. Handing my phone to Kelley, I saw her face drop and light up at the same time. She slowly answered the phone, and put it on speaker.

"Hello?" She questioned.

"Kel?" Emily's voice rang through my phone. "It's me."

"E-Em?" Kelley got out between her sobs.

"Hey, calm down. I'm okay." She told the defender.

"You're okay." Kelley said, resting her head on Christens shoulder.

"I'm okay. Little banged up, but I'm okay." Emily said.

"The café, the square?" Kelley questioned.

"I never made it to the café. I was in the square, but nothing bad happened to me." Emily explained.

"You scared the shit out of me Emily Jane Rush, never do it again!" Kelley yelled, as Emily gave off a small laugh.

"So you were worried?" Emily questioned.

"Yah, no shit I was worried." Kelley said.

"Well I'm okay, and I get why you were worried. I'm just glad to be able to come home and see the apartment." Em said, as we all looked around Kelley's torn up and beaten apartment.

"Maybe you shouldn't be." Kelley said.

"Why, what's up?" Emily questioned.

"I kind of list it when I found out what was happening in Paris, and well-kind of-broke the apartment."

"You broke the apartment?" Em questioned.

"Yah."

"I don't want to know." Emily said, sighing out. We all gave small laughs. "Listen Kel, I'll be home tomorrow. I'm actually on the plane right now."

"Thank God." Kelley mumbled.

"I'll see you tomorrow. I love you Kelley." She said, as Kelley whipped back her tears.

"I love you too."

"Shaka Chica." Em said, as Kelley sniffled.

"Shaka." Emily and Kelley both hung up, leaving the line silent. Kelley looked up, and smiled. A genuine, happy smile. "She's okay." Kelley said, laughing. "She's okay."

We sat I silence, just thanking someone that she was okay. None of us had known if she was even alive, and now we heard her voice and knew she was alive.

"Shit!" Kelley yelled, jumping to her feet.

"What?" I questioned, glancing up at her.

"I've gotta fix the apartment. This place looks like crap." Kelley said, as she went and grabbed some magazines from the floor. "Don't just sit there, get off your asses and help me." She said, as we laughed. I stood up, grabbing a piece of glass.

"Yes ma'am."