Ribbons

Ribbons. 

Beautiful things they are. So slender and soft, running through your fingers like liquid and falling on the ground with barely any sound. It threads through my hair, leaves a trail on the soil and is scattered everywhere. Theres a ribbon hanging from the window, and a ribbon hanging from the chandelier. 

You can also use ribbons to choke yourself. 

I've tried. Many, many times but it never works on me. I guess I just have bad karma or something. But what you do is wrap it around, pull at the end really, really hard and hope you fall on the ground and die. 

It's that simple to die. 

All the pain and greif, the washed up loneliness of my heart and the big, empty cracks can all end with a simple combination of putting a ribbon around my neck and tugging at the ends. 

Living is so hard. Dying is so easy. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

Girl use ribbons and fancy pearls,

To tie around their necks and hair, 

They smile with scarlet lips,

And wide eyes sparkle with amusement,

But other girls wear faded ribbons and costume jewelry,

Wrap it around their head, 

And place the ribbon around their neck,

And pull really, really hard. 

And eventually-

Drop Dead. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Ah, ribbons. 

I always stitch them in my clothes, so it's hanging from the hems of my dresses and capes. It's quite beautiful actually, it flows in the wind and flaps around my ankles like wings. Multi-colored ones, washed out ones, ones that has patterns and ones that are dirty-I invite them all with a satisfied smile and use them. 

You can never find a single item of clothing that I own that does not have any ribbons on it. Never. I love ribbons, they are quite beautiful and lyrical and graceful. If you hold it in between your fingertips and let it catch amidst of the wind, you'll see what I see. 

(Which is simple indulgence by the way)

Sometimes I wrap them around my head, my wrists, my legs, my ankles or even my arms. Sometimes I even wrap them around my neck, pull the ends and hope I drop dead. 

Never works though. 

Pity. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Kindest miss, kindest miss-pray tell me, what is your name? My name is Ribbons, fine day!"