Chapter Thirty - I Hate Coincidences

Start from the beginning

"Alright sunshine. Are you going to help me or continue with this horrible joke?"

"I'm wearing mine. Maybe you want to ask one of the people who just changed back into their school uniform?"

"No way! I'm not asking a random for their shirt." All I needed was a jacket to put on outside over my normal shirt. "Do you have your jacket here?"

"No. It's hot as hell. Why on earth would I carry a jacket around?"

"Excellent," I mumbled sarcastically.

That apparently gave Ella enough reason to force me to interact with Hunter, because for some reason she thought maybe he would have a spare shirt and be extremely keen to lend it to me.

"Seriously? No!" I exclaimed, resisting while she pushed me along.

I'd had to put my skirt back on as I attempted to find myself a sport shirt; after all, it wouldn't make much sense to wear the sport shorts with my normal shirt.

"Hunter would be more than willing to lend you a shirt!" She exclaimed. She found it awfully exciting that someone apparently liked me.

Then I remembered. He wasn't even at school. "He's not at school," I said.

She stared at me. "Ha!" I laughed. She pouted and folded her arms. "Now I have limited friends, so ask your boyfriend if he has a sport jacket or a sport shirt."

"Alright," she mumbled, rolling her eyes.

I was running out of options. Dean didn't have any spare sport shirt or jacket.

"What're we looking for?" Ace asked, coming by as Dean shut his locker.

"A sport shirt or jacket," I replied.

He looked at me and laughed.

"Do you have anything to offer up, or not?" I mumbled.

"Yeah, I do," he managed to say in between laughs.

We followed him to his locker and he opened it up, pulling out his bag from the lower shelf before rummaging. I wasn't sure what was in his locker, but finding a jacket wouldn't normally be so difficult. Just what on earth was in there?

He pulled out a few scrunched up papers, old tests and exams before holding up the jacket proudly. "Do you always use your locker as a rubbish bin?" I asked.

"Don't you?"

"No."

He passed me the jacket. "It's only been there for a few months," he shrugged.

"Thanks," I mumbled.

There was no smell wafting from it, and it would keep me out of trouble. I went to get changed and came back out in my sport shorts and with a jacket zipped all the way to the top in sweltering midday heat.

"Seasonal fashion. I like it," Ella grinned.

The bell rang and we assembled in front of the gym before being led down to the oval. Lespinner didn't make me carry the equipment down, which was a relief, considering how hot it was and how badly I was sweating inside the jacket already. It was the guys' class' turn to take down the equipment.

"I'll wash the jacket and give it back to you," I said to Ace. "I think it's soaked up my sweat," I mumbled.

"I need it back by Sunday morning," he said. School jacket didn't seem like his style. "Early morning track training. It's cold."

"Yeah. I'll wash it and hopefully get it back to you Saturday morning."

"Alright."

"Ready to play some football?" Jenny beamed.