Silence Before The Storm

Start from the beginning

"Apparently the Empire cheaps out on their cell walls."

She went back to planning her escape.

One Week Later

On the Ghost, Hera was the only one not completely losing their shit over losing their two youngest members to the Empire, more specifically the Sith.
Even so, she was dying inside at the thought of losing two members of their family. She just wasn't saying anything. Kanan was on the roof of the Ghost, obliterating any birds unlucky enough to fly with range of his Force blasts, or his azure blade. As another Raptorhawk fell from the sky, missing both of its wings, Kanan screamed. He let it all out, and when he finished, he heard Hera's soothing voice.

"You done, Hotsprocket?"

"What's wrong, Hera? Why are you up here?"

"To see what's wrong with you, Kanan. You've been completely berserk ever since Ezra died and Sabine was captured."

Kanan sighed as he depowered his lightsaber. He disassembled it and placed the four pieces on his belt.

"Kanan, listen to me. Whatever it is, you need to snap out of it! I thought anger was the path to the dark side!"

"Hera, you couldn't understand the Force or the Dark Side or why I'm like this. You just can't."

"I'm trying to, Kanan."

"I was his master, Hera! Even though I never made it to Jedi Knight, I took that responsibility, to be his guardian, and teach him, and allow him to flourish in his contact with the Force, and I failed! I had one fucking job, and I couldn't be there when he needed me most! There's so much more over that that you couldn't even begin to comprehend, and it all revolves around him being dead, when I was supposed to stop that at all costs!"

Hera came slowly to him, and lifted his chin slightly, but not so he looked straight ahead, but a little bit down because Hera was shorter than him. She looked him in the eye, and rested her forehead on his. She wrapped her arms around him and came in closer.

"Kanan, there was nothing you could've done for Ezra or Sabine. But right now, the galaxy needs you as a Jedi, as a symbol of hope and unity and strength and power, the power to bring down the Empire, once and for all. They need you, Kanan. We need you. I need you."

Her voice tapered off towards those last words, and Kanan closed his eyes.
Tears slightly formed, almost unnoticeable, as he opened his mouth.

Love leads to passion, passion leads to hate, and hate leads to the dark side.

He closed it and walked inside. He wanted to talk to Hera more, but she was right about the Galaxy needing him as a Jedi Knight, and not as a Jedi Master. Even though he was neither. But right now, he was team leader, and he wasn't gonna leave his crew behind.  He slammed the assembly button on the wall, forcing Zeb and Chopper to assemble in the main room, he spoke.

"We're getting Sabine back. There's a tracker in Ezra's lightsaber. We find it, we find Sabine. Sabine was the last person to have it, and it's nowhere on the Ghost. Let's move."

Sabine had finished sharpening her shiv. It had been a week since her capture. There was at least 20 portraits of Ezra, all over the walls.

Time to make a move.

She hid behind the ramp, and made some questionable noises.

"Oh, God, somebody help me!"

She fake-coughed some more. The troopers banged on the door, and one yelled,

"Nice try, scum. Somebody already pulled that trick on us."

His partner hit him.

"Don't tell her that!"