Chapter 4: 12 years old

Start from the beginning

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~★★★~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Justin's POV)

My body ached. It hurt everywhere. But none of them hurt more than my hurt. It was shattered to pieces. I didn't care if I would die. I knew I was going to the minute I approached those guys. And when I felt the sharp blade enter my stomach I closed my eyes. All I could feel and hear that moment were cars driving away and light foot steps approaching me. I felt soft hands on my neck before everything got numbed again.

That was the last thing I could remember...

At first everything was blurry but as my eyes got more accustomed to the light I started to see more clearly. I was in a white room with devices I've seen on those hospital drama shows. I guess I was in a hospital. In other words I didn't die. What a pity.

"I see you're awake" I heard a voice clear as water say.

I looked at the direction it came from and saw a little girl approach me. She sat down next to my bed and looked at me with her innocent purple eyes.

"Who are you?"
"I'm the one who saved you" she smiled.

"You shouldn't" I snorted.
"How ungrateful of you to say such things".
"You have no right to say anything when you don't even know anything about me" I angrily retorted.
"Oh... but I do know you, Justin Drew Bieber" she said taking me by surprise. "I know that your parents died leaving you to take care of your little sister. I know that you've had it hard ever since you quit school. And I know about your little break up". She looked at me with pity. 
"Who are you... No, wait I think I know you from somewhere..."
I tried to remember from where I've seen her before. But before I could answer she said:
"My name's Lucinda Grace. Pleasure to meet you".

W-what!? LUCINDA GRACE! as in The Lucinda Grace! OMG. My sister is a huge fan of her (me too secretely). But what is she doing here? Oh, right she saved but why was she even in the slum?

"You're confused to why I'm here right? Well let's just say it's fate". I couldn't help but notice her mysterious smile. So beautiful and mysterious.

"Even if it's fate I don't know how to repay you" I said staring into the nothingness and remembered the cold shoulder had given me when she chose Fred over me. Tears started to fill my eyes. How could she do this to me? We've been together since grade five. And I've loved her since kindergarten- How could she do this to me!?
I couldn't stop my tears from falling. How pathetic. Perhaps it's because I'm pathetic that Selena left me.

Arms surrounded me and I smelt the fragrance of chocolate and vanilla coming from her neck. 

"It's okay to cry. Just let it out" she whispered.

My hands automatically grip around her waist like I would fall if I didn't have anything to hold unto. I cried on her shoulders letting myself just cry. And she just sat there caressing my back not saying anything out of respect. 

★★★

The next day when my sister visited me at the hospital a young woman entered the room. She was wearing a maid uniform and looked at me with kind eyes while explaining why she was there and giving me a letter. After I read the letter I got surprised. Lucinda Grace was offering me a deal. 

"Create the best game I've ever played" her last sentence were. 

I understood what she meant with that. You see, I was a young man who quit school after high school. It was so that I could take care of my little sister. I had to work, not study, and earn money. Meanwhile my old school buddies who were nerds if I wanted to help them create a game company. I was good at painting and such things so they asked me to be their graphic designer. But the problem was that we didn't have the money that was needed for our project. That's why Lucinda's check on ten million dollars helped a lot. But our deal was that she would become one of the share holders with ten percent.