Thirty Five. Act Like a Lady

Start from the beginning

"It wasn't a love letter," I disputed, fighting a smile.

"It most certainly was. Wasn't it a love letter, Maj?"

"It was definitely a love letter," Majesty agreed. Her brown eyes, alight with innocence, flickered to somewhere in the cafeteria. "Speaking of your devil, you are aware he hasn't stopped staring at you since he walked in, right?"

My gaze instinctively moved and found its way over to the spot where Aidan usually sat. I saw that he, in fact, had his eyes on me. We stared at each other for while, almost having something similar to a staring contest, before a smile inched it's way onto my face.

He mimicked my reaction and mouthed, Hi.

A wider from spread across my lips. Hi.

He pointed to his tray with a suddenly stern look on his face. Eat your food.

I rolled my eyes. Don't tell me what to do.

Eat. Your. Food.

I childishly stuck my tongue out and turned back around in my seat. Despite the very slight irritation I was feeling at him and the food thing, I couldn't help the feeling of giddiness that was making its way through my system.

Stupid Aidan, and his stupid ability make everything I was turn to goo.

I lifted my eyes to meet Kenzie and Majesty's smirking faces.

"What?" I asked innocently, taking a sip of my water.

"Oh nothing," Kenzie shrugged before turning to Majesty. "Hey, Maj? Do you...do you feel that?"

"Feel what, Kenz?" She asked, tilting her head.

"That...sexual tension in the air."

Majesty burst into laughter while I scowled at the both of them. My cheeks becoming redder and redder as the seconds flew by.

"Be quiet," I snapped.

"Aww look at that blush," Kenzie cooed, teasingly. "That's so cute! Soooo, when's the wedding?"

"We are just friends," I said testily.

"Just friends that make out in their free time? Okay, Demi," Majesty snorted.

"We kissed one time-"

"You kissed multiple times," she corrected me.

"On one occasion," I shook my head. "We both agreed it would be healthier to just be friends."

"My ship is sinking," Kenzie frowned dejectedly. "Someone throw me a lifejacket before I drown."

"Kenzie, stop it," I scolded her. "I'm just fine being friends with him."

"You lying ass bitch," Majesty narrowed her eyes. "You're basically in love with him."

I shook my head. "Nah uh."

"Uh huh," Kenzie raised her eyebrows. "Do not lie to us."

"I'm not lying!"

Majesty and Kenzie started at me in silence.