Libra (f) x Leo (m): Panic (part 1)

(Requested)
THIS ONE'S TO EVERYONE WHO SUFFERS FROM ANY MENTAL ILLNESS!

Who else ships Libra x Leo?

----

Libra's POV:

I looked up at myself in the mirror, seeing my red, puffy eyes. I sniffed, and smiled weakly. I walked out of the bathroom, and into my bedroom. I turned off my computer, not wanting to read any horrible messages about myself. I don't even know why they bully me. Maybe it's because of little "episodes", or "attacks". I suffer from anxiety, and some girls in class happened to find out, and now they bully me.

I grabbed my book bag and wrapped it around my shoulder before exiting my room, and heading to school.

--

I grabbed my books from my locker, and went to math. I sat in the back, and opened up my diary. I like writing in there for I hate bearing the weight of an untold story, and I have no one to tell it to.

"Class, we have a new student today. Please welcome, Leo!" The teacher introduced, and a boy walked in. A cute boy. But I knew he would never want anyone like me. No one would.

"You can sit next to Libra over there," said the teacher and pointed to me. My heart started beating suuuuuper fast, and I knew if this continued I would have another "attack".

Leo sat down next to me, and smiled to me. "Hi. You must be Libra." I smiled and nodded in response, not wanting to talk and embarrass myself. He nodded, and turned his attention back to the teacher.

I tried taking silent, deep breathes, and relax.

--

Lunch. Oh, God. I pushed my food around my tray. I can't eat in front of people. My heart started beating faster when I saw the bullies walk towards me. I tried taking deep breathes before they stood beside my empty table.

"Why, would you look at that? It's little Panic!" The blonde smirked. (...I'm not good with mean nick names...)

I looked down at my lunch tray, trying to block out their laughter.

"I can't believe you had the nerve to come back to school," the brunette said harshly. Tears were threatening to escape.

"No one wants you here. Not at this school, not in this city, not in this world," the redhead said and glared at me. I felt a few tears escape, but I tried to hide them.

"Your not fooling anyone. We all know your crying, you baby," the blonde giggled. Everyone in the cafeteria had turned their attention to me, and I felt the anxiety get worse.

"You know, picking on people won't make your anymore cool, if that's what you think," said a boy's voice from behind. I turned around, and saw Leo. He actually looked...angered?

The redhead scoffed. "Come on, girls. We have better things to do." She walked off with the blonde and brunette, and Leo sat down across from me.

"W-why'd you do th-that?" I asked, looking away.

"What was I supposed to do? Just ignore it? Helping was the right thing to do." I blushed slightly, and continued looking away.

"Why do they pick on you, anyway?" Leo asked.

"I-I had a p-panic attack in front of the entire s-school," I replied shyly, and was still looking away. We were silent for a little while.

"...What happened?" He eventually asked.

"...I-I was supposed to read m-my paper in front of the wh-whole class..." I felt the tears come back. "And then it happened. My hands were sweaty even though they were cold, my heart started beating faster, I couldn't move or talk, I just completely froze. I got dizzy, and nauseous, and I couldn't take it anymore." Tears rolled down my cheeks. "I ran out. Out of the class room. I felt as if everyone was staring at me, t-that everyone's attention was towards me. And I ran. I've been teased ever since." Leo looked at me sadly and concerned. I looked down at my lap, ashamed of myself, and tears streamed down my face.

"I'm so sorry," he said sadly. I sniffed and nodded. "Nothing you could've done about it."

"No, but I can do something about it now."

I looked up at him. "H-how?"

He smiled warmly. "I'm your new friend."