Chapter one

June

In June I first laid eyes on you.

Michael walked into his room with a scowl on his face. The blue haired boy was fuming, his face red with anger as he threw his bag across the room, the black material hitting the wall and creating a loud thumping noise before landing on the floor. There a tiny gasp heard from somewhere in the room, making Michaels scowl turn into suspicion.

There was a sniffling sound coming from his closet, only then did he notice how it was shut tightly even thought he remembers leaving it wide open when rushing to get ready that morning. Michael grabbed the small pocket knife from his dresser, flipping the metal blade open as he approached the closet. In one swift movement the blue haired boy ripped the closet doors open, a loud gasp following the thud the doors made against the wall. Michael stared at the tiny blonde boy sitting on the floor of his small closet, his knees tucked tightly to his chest with his hands covering the spot just above his ears.

"P-p-please don-don't hurt m-me"
the blonde panicked, his tiny body shaking uncontrollably. Michael threw his pocket knife onto the floor beside the closet, out of the blonde view before crouching down in front of the terrified blonde. His hair was disheveled, he was clad in pink tights and a large black tee shirt, which looked ten times too big for his small figure.

"What's your name?"
Michael asked, his voice unsoftened yet quieter as to not scare the boy even more than he already seemed to be.

"L-l-luke"
the boy stuttered. Michael sighed, sitting on his knees as he stared at the blonde who was staring right back. The blondes eyes were red rimmed and puffy, silent tears streaming down his pale, bruised cheeks. Large purple and blue bruises scattered the blondes arms and upper body.

"Where'd you get all the bruises?"
Michael asked. The blonde was silent as he held himself tighter, staring at Michael with a terrified expression.

"There's nothing to be afraid of, blondie" Michael said as he got up from the floor, stretching his back whilst doing so. He leaned down and stretched his hand out for the blonde to take. Luke placed his shaking hand in the blue haired boys hand and allowed himself to be pulled out of the closet. Michael held the boy close, their chests pressed against each others. The elder took notice in the way the blondes eyes never left his own, how he seemed to have frozen in his place, and also how his bum looked extremely purky in those tights.

"When's the last time you slept?"
Michael asked, taking notice in the dark circles beneath the blondes blue eyes. The blonde boy took a step back from the older boy as he casted his gaze towards the floor. He hadn't meant to crawl through Michael Cliffords window, he just wanted to get away.

The blonde shrugged, keeping his mouth shut tightly. The blue haired boy rolled his eyes, taking the blondes hands and guiding him towards the bed.

"Are you going to tell me
how you got into my apartment?"
Michael asked as the blonde sat down on his bed, seeming to shrink in on himself. The blonde pointed to the open window that Michael didn't realize he had left unlocked and cracked.

"A-are you going- going
t-to make me le-leave?"
The blonde asked, playing with his fingers as he stared at his lap. Michael sighed heavily, the bruises on the blonde arms embedded in his mind, put he couldn't just harbor a sad boy in his bedroom. Michael stared down at the blonde as he huffed out a breath and grabbed the blondes arm, making him stand. Luke whined, pulling his arm away from Michael, he rubbed at the purple skin that was now throbbing due to Michaels grip.

"You have to go"
Michael said, nodding his head towards his bedroom door. Luke's eyes filled with tears as he nodded, hugging himself in the tee shirt that stretched past his knees. The blue haired boy opened his bedroom door, gesturing for Luke to walk out first. Michael watched the blondes torn up converse click against the wood floor, his pink tights practically see through.

"M'really sorry"
the blonde mumbled out before opening the front door and rushing outside. Michael sighed, watching the blonde run down the staircase with a slight limp, descending into the parking lot. Michael closed the door, locking it with a sigh.