I'm Coming Home

Happy Fourth of July.

Jackie's POV

I'd been waiting for this day for weeks already. 

Hearing him on the phone everyday and seeing him on Face-time was enough to hold me down for a while, but I just wanted to have him in my arms already. I miss my fiancee so much. 

Once Zacky's car pulled up in our driveway, I knew Brian was finally here! 

I smoothed my dress for any wrinkles and hustled out onto the porch. 

Brian didn't waste any time either. He ran straight into my arms and spun me around in circles.

It was like we hadn't seen each other in years. I so badly had wanted to be in his arms; just holding him and telling him how much I loved him. 

He finally put me down and kissed me, "You look beautiful in that dress- Are you making that one soupy rice?" He asked, changing the subject, inhaling the smell coming from inside the house.

I nodded,  "Yeah. I just put-" He took off running into the house, letting me talk to myself. "Oh.... Okay." 

Zacky walked up the pathway smiling, "Hey beautiful." 

"Sup, cous'?" He hugged me and I smelled a little unfamiliar aroma. It wasn't weed or anything like that. But it was, a light aroma...Like that of a female. It definitely didn't smell like Gena. I didn't want to assume anything, so I kept quiet. "You wanna stay for dinner? I'm making fidello soup, mixed vegies and some chicken. It's almost ready." 

"Alright. How are you doing? I've missed you... You know what it felt like right now?" He asked walking into my house. 

I jerked my head up, closing the door, "What?" 

He sat on the couch, picking up Pinkly and placing her on his lap, "Like when you'd come visit us and we hadn't seen each other in so many months. It was a good feeling." 

I smacked him playfully, "You missed me."  

"Shut up! I didn't. I'm gonna smoke outside. Tell your fiancee that I'll be in the back." He got up and pulled out his Marlboro pack of cigs. 

"Be sure to blow the smoke away from the house." I ordered. I had already read somethings on pregnancy and I didn't want my baby or I to suffer from second hand smoke. He nodded and left outside, Pinkly following not too far behind. 

"Jackie," Brian shouted from upstairs. "Come babe. It's important." 

I hurried up the stairs, thinking of what could possibly be so important. "What's up?" I asked arriving in the doorway.

He grinned and jerked his head towards the bed,  "Lay down and I'll show you." 

"Pervert." I teased heading to the bed. He closed the door and removed his shoes. "What in God's name are you doing?"  

"I didn't finish what I started when I left here. So I'm going to. Before dinner so I can build up an appetite." He jumped on the bed and pulled me towards him, making my dress rise just a bit. I could swear I got some rug burn on my back. "No," I quickly intercepted. He shot me a confused look, "Uh, I'm on my period..." 

"You're gonna make me wait, aren't you?" 

I smirked, "For like a bit?"

He groaned flinging himself onto the bed. "I hate you," he mumbled then sat up and kissed my head, "I guess I can wait. I'll be downstairs with Zacky."

Truth was that I was finding it weird to be intimate with him while our child was in my belly. I read articles that said it wouldn't cause any harm but I was still worried that I would hurt it.