The Fight That Ended It All

Brian's POV

Exiting the elevator, I ran down the hallway, slowing down as I reached our hotel room.

I knew I pissed Jackie off by speaking out of my ass. It's not that I don't trust her, because I obviously do or I wouldn't have asked her to be my other half. I just don't trust him around her. Not even when we were at dinner did I trust him.

Just the way he looked at her made me want to fuck him up really bad. The looks he gave me when I was talking about Jackie and I, were looks of disgust. As if he was saying "what's a pretty girl like her doing with a useless guy like him?' That's why when he began to talk his shit, I felt like maybe Jackie does deserve someone better.

I turned the door knob, pushing the door open to reveal Jackie lying on her side. I couldn't tell whether she was asleep or awake. I wasn't even sure if I should talk to her about it or just get ready for bed.

Quietly, I walked to the nightstand to leave the keys and my wallet on the wooden surface. I took a seat beside her on the bed, untying my boots.

"Brian." She mumbled turning over. "Brian." She repeated. Her voice was raspy. I assume she was crying which only made me feel even more like a piece of shit. What kind of boyfriend makes her girlfriend cry?! 

"Yeah?" I replied softly as if she was a baby. I dropped my boot on the floor and turned to her as I removed my other one.

She sat up, cleaning under her eye. "Maybe we shouldn't be in a relationship." My heart shattered faster than those words fell out of her mouth. I lost all hope, I lost myself.

"What?" I asked, hoping she wouldn't repeat it. The tears in my eyes stung while the ball in my throat grew tighter and tighter. "Ja... Are you kidding? Please, let's stop this. I don't want to break up with you. I'm sorry I spoke-"

"Brian, you don't even trust me. I do trust you and you're telling me that I don't. I wouldn't have said yes to being your girlfriend if I didn't. But now you're telling me that we don't trust each other and it's making me feel like shit. I want to be with you but how can I when you don't even trust me?"

"I do trust you! I was speaking out of my ass. He was pissing me off, making me feel like less of a man. Maybe you're the one that doesn't trust me?"

She dragged herself off the bed, "Maybe I don't." Her voice rang with doubt.

I sat there, letting those three words sink in. "You don't trust me? But I've never done anything to betray your trust. I can't believe you don't trust me." She took a seat at the table and looked out of the window, probably thinking of the right words to say to break up with me.

That's the only thing I feared the most, losing her again. I had already lost one of the most important people in my life and I could never get him back. But when I lost Jackie, I thought that was it. Then I finally got her back... Losing her again would just set me on flames. I'd rather go blind than ever have to lose her. She makes me happy. She makes me who I am now.

"Never done anything to betray my trust? What about Michelle? You couldn't wait a couple more years until I came back? It wasn't even that long!"

"Ten years was fucking long. It's not like I didn't think about you every day. Up until that day that you came back I'd sit down and look at this fucking tattoo in my hands." I said, starring down at her name.

"It was still a promise broken. You lied. Which made me lose the trust I had for you." She really wasn't holding back. Even if I enjoy fighting with her, I refused to burn ammunition. It's a pointless fight that will pass over.

I sighed and laid flat on the bed, "You're right." I gave in. "You're completely right. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for breaking the promise. I'm sorry for loving you so much that I get jealous when other guys look at you. I just finally have you all to myself and I don't want anyone else to have you. And seeing the way he looks at you, make me want to chop his head off if I could." I closed my eyes, picturing a happy life that I could have with her. It would be problem free and he, most definitely wouldn't be in it.

"But you don't have to act like that Brian. What got me mad wasn't that you walked out on the dinner. It was that you don't trust me around him. You said it yourself." Her voice swam closer and closer, "I wouldn't do anything like that to hurt you. I'm your girlfriend, not his. I fuck you, not him. And I do trust you when it comes to the tour."

"Then make it seem like it." I said, sitting up. She was beside me, looking down at her lap. "I wouldn't cheat on you alright? I don't want another piece of ass. You're the only one I want. I love you and even when I'm on tour, I'll love you. I can wait months to have you in my arms again. Our relationship is built off love, not lust or sex."

She wore a very serious face as she looked at me. Her eyes were now green, unlike the hazel they always are. "I know. I trust you with that. I just don't want you to think I'd cheat on you."

"I know you won't. But he's the one that I'm scared will con you into doing something." I admitted, pulling her down on the bed with me.

"I'm not weak anymore Brian. I won't give into him. I promise. Like you said, I can wait for you. I don't need someone while I have someone." She rolled over to face me. I knew, by the smile on her face that everything would be okay. "I love you."

I pecked her lip, pushing some of her hair behind her ear, "I love you too. Let's put a complete stop to this fighting please."

"It all ends here baby. No more. I really hate feeling like I'm about to lose you." She tugged at my little hairs under my chin, "I don't ever want to."

"You won't. I promise." She nestled herself close to me, tracing the V on my chest. "So, are you like up for a little.. I don't know, fun?"

She giggled, "God damn you Brian. That's all you ever think about! But fine. I guess. Just do me." She threw herself back and flung her arms into the air. "I'm all your's."

I bit my bottom lip and went in for the dive, "You bet your ass you are."