Chapter 2

Britta's P.O.V

The bell rang and i walked out like super deep in thought about Angela's death, and how much attention she was getting. Even dead she's still more popular. Then i remembered how slow i was walking and that Mr.Thomas said I'll get an F for the year if I'm late one more time.

I may seem super dumb but I am smart sometimes... Like anything i dont wanna do I just ask daddy to pay someone to do it for me!

"Britta?" Someone called my name. But why a question? Everyone knows who i am.

"Who are you?" I asked turning around.

"I'm Karen." She said falsely. Like really who would name their child Karen?!

"Really I'm not THAT stupid. Is that even a real name? Who are you?" I said totally bursting their bubble.

"Can you keep a secret?" 'Karen' asked waving me off to the side. I was suoer interested in the secret. Daddy can just buy me my A. This is totes more important!

"Totally!" I said walking to her.

"Ok I am Detective Kayla Monroe." She said.

"Detective? That makes no sense, aren't you like 15?"

"Yes I am. I am here undercover investigating Angela's death. I was told you were one of here close friends." She explained.

"Yeah we were like BFFs. But how can you be a detective at 15? Haven't i seen you around before?" I said confused.

"I graduated super early and decided sleuthing is my passion." She explained further.

"sleuthing? Is that something you get at the spa? If your some kind if 15 year old nerdy genius, why dont you work at apple and help make better products?" I questioned.

"Sleuthing is detectiving. And i chose this ok?" She snapped.

"Ok jeeze why didnt you just say so?" I pouted. "But it still doesn't answer why I've seen you around before."

"Because I'm the one who always gets sent here undercover for all the high school stories." Detective Kayla finally explained.

"Oh ok that makes perfect sense." I told her.

"Ok now if you don't mind i have a few questions for you."

"Ok ask away, but remember I'm not very good on a test." I warned.

The Detective proceeded to ask me questions and I answered all of them. I totally got an A on that test, and without daddy having to buy it. See i can be smart.