Chapter fourteen- No school

~~~Mallori's dream~~~

   "Mallori! Come downstairs!"

I trudged my way down the steps, and stared blankly at my mom. 

   "What?"

   "I have a date tonight, and you're going to stay here. Keep the door locked, and you know how to make a sandwich."

There was a knock on the door, and she ran over to open it, her heels clicking on the hard wood. When the door swung open, my eyes almost popped out of my head. 

   "Ready to go?"

   "Y-You! Its your fault! Why are you here!?"

Charging at him, I pounded my small fists against his gut. Curse my size. 

   "M-Mallori! I'm sorry, please excuse her. She's still a little hung up on her fathers death."

   "You brought his killer into this house!"

   "Stop being so rude!"

   "Fine! Go on that stupid date with your tacky heels and dress. Why not go to the fair? You'd fit in with all the other clowns that have to much make up."

   "Is that anyways to talk to your mother?"

   "I don't want to speak to a murderer."

A sharp pain came across the entire right side of my face, and I looked up to see that  it wasn't my mom who slapped me, but him. 

   "Keep your hands off me. I might end up dead if you touch me again."

   "Mallori! Go to your room!"

   "With pleasure!"

I stormed up the stairs, but stopped when I reached the top, and listened to their conversation. 

   "Please excuse her."

   "Keep your damn daughter in check when she speaks to adults."

   "I try. She just has this mouth that never seems to shut. Got it from her fa-"

   "I don't ever want to speak of that man. Ever."

   "I see. Sorry for bringing it up."

   "Lets just go get this night over with. You're paying me big time when we get back."

   "Of course."

The door shut, and I walked back downstairs, and stuck my tongue out at the door. 

   "There isn't even stuff to make a sandwich...idiot."

~~~

My eyes shot open, and I sighed. Why? Why can't they just go away? At least tonight's dream wasn't as bad as the rest. Sitting up, I looked over at the clock, and red 3 am.

   "No way I'm going back to sleep."

Throwing the blankets off of me, I hopped out of bed, and left my room. Izaya was asleep, so the penthouse was silent. Once I seen his door though, I stopped and stared at it. I felt the urge to walk in there, but why? After letting out a grunt, I walked over to the kitchen. There wasn't really anything in the fridge, so I just got a glass of water. Once it was gone, I made my way back out into the living room, sighing when I seen his door.